Dallas crew 2021: Half our pro sports teams suck, the other two are decent but not top tier

01ACRViper

Official OT LOTR Guru......... Spurs >*
Jul 12, 2001
Dallas
AA is fucked right now too. I couldn’t even get around this by flying to PHX or LAS. SWA killed everything for weeks. We don’t even have seats together 3 days from now. :(

Only a 2 day drive from NV, should have bailed a while ago if you've been stuck a week already :o

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Only a 2 day drive from NV, should have bailed a while ago if you've been stuck a week already :o
Yeah, I know. That’s 24 hours though. But with snowy passes and the weather we had until today, we could have been fine had we flown out 3 hours earlier. We were able to get 50% of the way through first stage on the new house, so some things are just meant to be. :dunno:

Reactions: 01ACRViper

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
Yeah, I know. That’s 24 hours though. But with snowy passes and the weather we had until today, we could have been fine had we flown out 3 hours earlier. We were able to get 50% of the way through first stage on the new house, so some things are just meant to be. :dunno:
👀

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
AA is fucked right now too. I couldn’t even get around this by flying to PHX or LAS. SWA killed everything for weeks. We don’t even have seats together 3 days from now. :(
yeah, they were harping on this when they were trying to reroute people that had connections @ DFW when we were waiting to get the plane fixed in nashville.

Very sternly "if your final destination is DFW wait for this plane to get fixed otherwise you're not getting rebooked until Jan 1"

• Support
Reactions: DasVWBabe

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
On Friday the freeways in Arlington were fucked, 360 and 30. Everyone going home early?

On New Years Eve we don't stay out past 9 pm or so.
I felt like a moron going out to check out a gun range at 5pm.

On the plus side it’s about 20 minutes from the house and nicer than the one that’s 45 minutes from me. Downside is they were $200 higher on a pistol I’ve been wanting, but it’s also locally owned.

Reactions: Scottwax

cyclaptor

OT Supporter
Sep 8, 2006
Arlington Texas
Very cool. I'm looking forward to its opening.

The dome would be lined with thousands of LED digital modules that don’t need a projector at all. Think of it like a giant television screen, only these panels will deliver much higher definition than your flatscreen at home.

A rendering of the Omni Theater renovations, which will replace IMAX technology with a digital, interactive LED dome and new seating. Fort Worth Museum of Science and History
“The brilliance, the brightness, the high definition — it’s going to feel like you’re there,” said Orlando Carvalho, the retired executive vice president of Lockheed Martin Aeronautics who has served as the museum’s interim president since the spring. “For the first time, the museum will have a venue that is truly interactive.”

For the $20.3 million project, which also includes an extensive renovation of the theater lobby, the museum plans to contract with a Los Angeles-based technology company called Cosm that has produced large-scale digital immersive and virtual reality experiences at planetariums and a variety of other venues across the globe.

Last edited:

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX

The dome would be lined with thousands of LED digital modules that don’t need a projector at all. Think of it like a giant television screen, only these panels will deliver much higher definition than your flatscreen at home.

A rendering of the Omni Theater renovations, which will replace IMAX technology with a digital, interactive LED dome and new seating. Fort Worth Museum of Science and History
“The brilliance, the brightness, the high definition — it’s going to feel like you’re there,” said Orlando Carvalho, the retired executive vice president of Lockheed Martin Aeronautics who has served as the museum’s interim president since the spring. “For the first time, the museum will have a venue that is truly interactive.”

For the $20.3 million project, which also includes an extensive renovation of the theater lobby, the museum plans to contract with a Los Angeles-based technology company called Cosm that has produced large-scale digital immersive and virtual reality experiences at planetariums and a variety of other venues across the globe.
Holy shit I wanna go. Went there as a kid and was completely blown away.

Reactions: stevezissou

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas

Fuck yes, loved going to that thing as a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trendworld