Dallas crew 2021: Half our pro sports teams suck, the other two are decent but not top tier

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
lol well you were there with your wife and I was there on a date so didn’t want to be like “I know this guy from the internets” :rofl:

You made it into one of the pictures
Related: when talking to my wife about stuff directly or tangentially OT related I start with “so I was talking to the internets…”

• Haha
Reactions: Publius

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
Ya'll. Restaurant near our new house has the most amazing birria I have ever, ever had. I'm over here with this beef cheek sitting in my freezer thinking "I will absolutely never be able to live up to this". :hs:

But, fuck it. Trying it again this weekend. :rofl:
Also I can't begin to calculate how much beef it took me to replicate and then improve on one of the best marinades I've ever had at a restaurant.

Lupe Tortilla's marinade was pretty banging, but their service was absolutely the worst. Literally the only place in a decade where I've actively gone out of my way to describe the ways in which they suck online. It was so bad I said fuck it and decided to spend time to figure out their recipe.

It was one of my pandemic projects :o

Reactions: aloe

Bitter Moose

Oct 26, 2007
Dallas
Also I can't begin to calculate how much beef it took me to replicate and then improve on one of the best marinades I've ever had at a restaurant.

Lupe Tortilla's marinade was pretty banging, but their service was absolutely the worst. Literally the only place in a decade where I've actively gone out of my way to describe the ways in which they suck online. It was so bad I said fuck it and decided to spend time to figure out their recipe.

I love lupe tortilla's marinade :eek:. I've literally never been to one I just doordash it :rofl:

Reactions: aloe

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX

Dude, last time I went there (well over a year ago now) they're service was absolutely awful. I'll never go back. Food was good but definitely not worth the service.

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
Dude, last time I went there (well over a year ago now) they're service was absolutely awful. I'll never go back. Food was good but definitely not worth the service.
That tracks. At least the one on 635 and Belt Line in Irving, the service was *terrible*. I chalked it up to opening bullshit...but after 6 months they never, not once, got my order right. And it wasn't exactly a tough order, either.

After 5 or 6 times, including a couple of team lunches, I started going just to see how many times in a row they got the order wrong. I knew bartenders by name, and every time I was like "Hey buddy, so here's what they got wrong..." they would get so pissed off :rofl:

I spoke with the managers every now and then and got everything from "we just opened" (they'd been opened nearly 9 months at that point) to "it's a complicated order" ("nachos with only chips, cheese, and meat, no garnish" seems pretty straightforward to me?) to "the kitchen is busy" (I would go at opening, during lunch rush, after lunch rush, ranging from literally no one else besides me to jam packed, and always the same fuckups) to others.

It was just straight up trash. Like enough trash that one day while waiting over an hour for food (that was wrong) I posted on Google Reviews about the trash service and made no secret as to what I was doing and know for a fact the manager on duty saw me posting it :rofl:

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
That tracks. At least the one on 635 and Belt Line in Irving, the service was *terrible*. I chalked it up to opening bullshit...but after 6 months they never, not once, got my order right. And it wasn't exactly a tough order, either.

After 5 or 6 times, including a couple of team lunches, I started going just to see how many times in a row they got the order wrong. I knew bartenders by name, and every time I was like "Hey buddy, so here's what they got wrong..." they would get so pissed off :rofl:

I spoke with the managers every now and then and got everything from "we just opened" (they'd been opened nearly 9 months at that point) to "it's a complicated order" ("nachos with only chips, cheese, and meat, no garnish" seems pretty straightforward to me?) to "the kitchen is busy" (I would go at opening, during lunch rush, after lunch rush, ranging from literally no one else besides me to jam packed, and always the same fuckups) to others.

It was just straight up trash. Like enough trash that one day while waiting over an hour for food (that was wrong) I posted on Google Reviews about the trash service and made no secret as to what I was doing and know for a fact the manager on duty saw me posting it :rofl:
I've only been to the one off 75 in McKinney. Garbage service exactly the same thing you're talking about. Lol. Each time we went either me or my wife received entirely the wrong order. Absolutely ridiculous. 🤣 I'm glad it's someone other than me. I was starting to think it was just us.

aloe

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
Dallas, Tejas
I've only been to the one off 75 in McKinney. Garbage service exactly the same thing you're talking about. Lol. Each time we went either me or my wife received entirely the wrong order. Absolutely ridiculous. 🤣 I'm glad it's someone other than me. I was starting to think it was just us.
I’ve never had bad service at the 635/beltline or Addison location :dunno:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olegarchy