Dallas crew 2021: Half our pro sports teams suck, the other two are decent but not top tier

McCroskey

roll up on your ass like Hawaii 5-0
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
SH1-0151
first time i've gone into the office in 3 years and of course on the way home there's a douchebag in a c8 vette going 58 in the left lane.

Reactions: Scottwax

Rev. Johnny Vegas

Djent is not a genre
Jun 13, 2001
first time i've gone into the office in 3 years and of course on the way home there's a douchebag in a c8 vette going 58 in the left lane.
I’m increasingly thinking our office building is going to go away.

It’s not to say I won’t have one to go to, since we’re headquartered here, but I think my building and the one down the street from it are going to be sold off.

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
Got my first ever speeding ticket last week oof

Looks like traffic school is best option. I’d be on edge with the deferment option

Any tips appreciated. 67 in a 50 on a frontage road smh. It’s a large 3 lane frontage road and took it that day because Google maps said there was an accident at my exit. Was coming off the high a bit hot, I used to take that exit when I lived in my rental and just let the long stretch of the road slow me down.

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas

Looks like traffic school is best option. I’d be on edge with the deferment option

Any tips appreciated. 67 in a 50 on a frontage road smh. It’s a large 3 lane frontage road and took it that day because Google maps said there was an accident at my exit. Was coming off the high a bit hot, I used to take that exit when I lived in my rental and just let the long stretch of the road slow me down.
Either one is pretty easy. I've done both a couple times. Deferred the most recent because fuck giving up a day for defensive driving and the odds are low for a repeat over 6 mo

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas

It’s not to say I won’t have one to go to, since we’re headquartered here, but I think my building and the one down the street from it are going to be sold off.
They announced today min 4 days a week in office. Just signed a three year lease on office space. My industry is heavily collaborative compared to others though.

Rev. Johnny Vegas

Djent is not a genre
Jun 13, 2001
They announced today min 4 days a week in office. Just signed a three year lease on office space. My industry is heavily collaborative compared to others though.
We haven’t changed off 1 day per month in the office, and I think leadership is still scared of losing too many of us.

They’ve been physically closing off more space, and today they announced shutting down more of the in person help desks for laptop support, etc “as we continue our transition to a more remove and mobile workforce”.

Our building and one down the street are both owned, currently. The one down the street is easier to get rid of, because ours has some large labs still.

McCroskey

roll up on your ass like Hawaii 5-0
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
SH1-0151

our's is currently owned by a fast food joint and we're leasing it from them until they move in i guess.

other than our team getting together a few times this week i don't think anyone else was in teh building.

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US

You might have limited options since you were more than 15 over….

jrmcm

This world shall know pro-pain
Oct 9, 2001
Plano, TX

If it’s your first ever ticket I’d think you’d be pretty safe doing deferred.

Reactions: I<3URANUS

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX

Do deferred adjudication instead. It's basically double or nothing and usually only for 120 to 180 days. Usually costs the same (or very close) and doesn't go on your record.

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
We’re getting 2 days/week in office if you’re within range of an office.

Technically I think I am lol. Don’t want to drive down to Downtown Dallas from Roanoke though mostly because the parking is shit.

Word on the street is they’re pissed at how much they’re spending on offices going unused.

Owners are pretty much saying ‘if they quit, they quit’ and it’s already been impacting hiring :mad:

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
If it’s your first ever ticket I’d think you’d be pretty safe doing deferred.

Do deferred adjudication instead. It's basically double or nothing and usually only for 120 to 180 days. Usually costs the same (or very close) and doesn't go on your record.
Yes it’s 6 months but I don’t want to be driving around on pins and needles. Another ticket equals automated record I think on first ticket. Supposedly one of the online schools you can fast forward it with changing your PC’s clock lol

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Yes it’s 6 months but I don’t want to be driving around on pins and needles. Another ticket equals automated record I think on first ticket. Supposedly one of the online schools you can fast forward it with changing your PC’s clock lol
That's cool, I doubt it works as well as you think. Lol. They'll time it by sections not overall time. Either way, just follow the speed limit and you're golden.

Was the ticket in the same county you live in? Cause iirc, it's by county, not state.

Reactions: Sp33dealer

jrmcm

This world shall know pro-pain
Oct 9, 2001
Plano, TX
That's cool, I doubt it works as well as you think. Lol. They'll time it by sections not overall time. Either way, just follow the speed limit and you're golden.

Was the ticket in the same county you live in? Cause iirc, it's by county, not state.
It’s only applicable to the city that issued the ticket.

Reactions: I<3URANUS

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6