Dallas crew 2021: Half our pro sports teams suck, the other two are decent but not top tier

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
Tell her to not focus on the fucking ring. It’s a symbol of the marriage, not an “ooohhh look at me”
Actually it a "gift in contemplation of a marriage" if the marriage doesn't go through you get that shit back.

HOLLA

aloe

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
Dallas, Tejas
Actually it a "gift in contemplation of a marriage" if the marriage doesn't go through you get that shit back.

HOLLA

Doubt anyone ever gets it back since a judge looks at it like a “gift” regardless?

Anyways I never had to worry because I didn’t have to buy once because she got a $70k insured value ring that was an heirloom piece. To her, it was an “ohhhh look at me”, which is why she wore one on the left and right at the same time ($130k insured value combined).

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
Doubt anyone ever gets it back since a judge looks at it like a “gift” regardless?

Anyways I never had to worry because I didn’t have to buy once because she got a $70k insured value ring that was an heirloom piece. To her, it was an “ohhhh look at me”, which is why she wore one on the left and right at the same time ($130k insured value combined).
There is a lot of case law on this actually depends on your locality.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Tell her to not focus on the fucking ring. It’s a symbol of the marriage, not an “ooohhh look at me”

I would never mess with my e-ring. It's a tangible memory of where we were at the time. I love it and it still makes me swoon when I remember the super rushed, shady-ass elopement we put together. 🤣

But I get where you're coming from. That ring was sizeable, fun to try on, but wearability was, like, zip. She could have had/worn it without you being the catalyst. :hug:

aloe

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
Dallas, Tejas
I would never mess with my e-ring. It's a tangible memory of where we were at the time. I love it and it still makes me swoon when I remember the super rushed, shady-ass elopement we put together. 🤣

But I get where you're coming from. That ring was sizeable, fun to try on, but wearability was, like, zip. She could have had/worn it without you being the catalyst. :hug:

Yup to both

eyustfu

ಠ_ಠ
OT Supporter
Apr 13, 2005
Of course, any time! I'm also here for 6 more months, and I hope you'll always let me be a part of DFW crew. :hug:

While I'm here, I have helped a few of you with e-rings. I'm thinking of starting another side gig which would make an amazing anniversary gift, assuming same partner and all. PM me if interested. Would involve photographing the ring and scaling up to large format canvas. I've had some interest in getting something like I have so thought I'd throw it out here to locals before we leave. :)
The wife is still happy with the ring you helped with. :h5:

• Support
Reactions: DasVWBabe

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
I wonder how many of us actually live in Dallas? Or even Dallas County for that matter :hmm:
I did when I moved here (Dallas @ Lemmon & 75) and the first couple of years in my first house (Irving - Dallas County).

Not since like 2005, though. Collin or Denton ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6