CREW Dallas crew 2021: Half our pro sports teams suck, the other two are decent but not top tier

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
My dad was 37 when I was born and 40 when my brother was. My mom was 9 years his junior though.

Yeahhhh. That doesn't count. ;)

She is 79 coming up on 80, and is still kicking ass :rofl: Definitely in little old lady land. If you picture Violet Crawley (aka Professor McGonagall) from Downton Abbey, who takes no shit but gives it, that'd be about right :rofl:

She's enjoying her gardening, still gives me shit for whatever I'm doing wrong (like job hopping :rofl: ) and spouting racist bullshit that she used to give my dad (who passed back in 2000) shit for saying, :hsugh: I blame certain TV stations and Facebook for this bullshit though. Alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll of us minus her on firmly on the......correct......side of things, so she gets annoyed with folks :rofl: She knows I'm more in the middle and gets annoyed when I correct her on the bullshit she gets from those not-so-reality-based news sources :mamoru:

She loves watching her grandpuppies though, and spoils them rotten (which is why one is a bit too tubby for our vets liking :squint: ).

Also, :bowrofl: at you ever being an insensitive asshole. Sorry, just can't picture it.

Oh, thank God. Felt so shitty to ask. :love:

I live my life ever vigilant of the fact that I have a lot of years on the kiddo, and I want to see as much of her life happen as I can. I've seen some anecdotes tangentially about 7-8 or so years ago that women who get pregnant and carry for the first time later in life often show signs of *younger* reproductive system which extends out to other factors. I'm hoping to find some truth in that, but your post helps. :)

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Dallas crew, not sure if any of you are following the Tornado season thread, but DFW may be about to see some huge hail tonight. Bring those cars into those overstuffed garages! :bigthumb:

Don't really miss these days! :rofl: :hs:

3hAI431l.jpg

Reactions: stevezissou
TS
TS
Scottwax

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers
my mom asked me why i never wanted kids. Told her i specifically decided our world was trash when she was taking me to pee wee football practice in south irving and it was just row after row of garbage apartments and constant litter.

she was like "you were only about 7"

"yep"
My older son has never wanted kids. And now that he's married and he and his wife aren't anchored down by kids they get to travel a lot.

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
Not a great day today. :(
Person in the left lane decided they wanted my lane RIGHT THEN. I avoided but hit the curb outcropping from an entering driveway. New tire, wheel just has cosmetic damage, but strut and assembly completely bent. Going to be $3k and 3 weeks to fix. :wtc:
AMIolOxl.jpg
CALL HUSBAND

Post that dashcam footage

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Jew Space Laser Control Center
Not a great day today. :(
Person in the left lane decided they wanted my lane RIGHT THEN. I avoided but hit the curb outcropping from an entering driveway. New tire, wheel just has cosmetic damage, but strut and assembly completely bent. Going to be $3k and 3 weeks to fix. :wtc:
AMIolOxl.jpg
Something similar happened to my STi, except this flatbed truck decided to make a right hand turn from the middle lane...while I was in the right lane. Pinched me between their rear wheels and the curb.

Was super annoying back then, and given the lead times just to get an estimate for damage my wife's vehicle got from a loose piece of plywood coming off of an oncoming truck and into her front grill and headlight, I'm guessing it's going to be longer for you.

Or maybe State Farm's preferred people just suck, which is totally not unexpected.

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Something similar happened to my STi, except this flatbed truck decided to make a right hand turn from the middle lane...while I was in the right lane. Pinched me between their rear wheels and the curb.

Was super annoying back then, and given the lead times just to get an estimate for damage my wife's vehicle got from a loose piece of plywood coming off of an oncoming truck and into her front grill and headlight, I'm guessing it's going to be longer for you.

Or maybe State Farm's preferred people just suck, which is totally not unexpected.
It's already at the dealership. They put the new tire on the wheel and went "uh oh". They have a list of the parts they need, just need the adjuster to sign off on it.

Rev. Johnny Vegas

Make Ministry synth pop again
Jun 13, 2001
ngl that's kind of annoying to me. State Farm told her to take it to a collision shop for estimate....first appointment available was in like 8 weeks.
Are you using their "preferred" body shop?

Back when I was with Allstate, I found that they'd gotten to the point where if you used your choice of shop, as you have the right to under Texas law, it was multiple weeks until they'd get a person out there. If you used their shop, they'd have the estimate done the day you dropped it off.

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Jew Space Laser Control Center

Back when I was with Allstate, I found that they'd gotten to the point where if you used your choice of shop, as you have the right to under Texas law, it was multiple weeks until they'd get a person out there. If you used their shop, they'd have the estimate done the day you dropped it off.
Yeah, that's part of what's annoying me. And moreso my wife seeing as it was her vehicle :o

Reactions: Rev. Johnny Vegas

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US

sounds like a complaint to the state insurance board time bulling BS like that.

Rev. Johnny Vegas

Make Ministry synth pop again
Jun 13, 2001
sounds like a complaint to the state insurance board time bulling BS like that.
Well it wasn't long after that started happening that the family that was our Allstate agents ceased their relationship with Allstate after 40-something years. My family was loyal to them, not Allstate.

Reactions: stevezissou

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
Oh god here we go. Insurance companies aren't out to dick you around. At least if you don't have the general.

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
@DasVWBabe so that sucks but it's why it's almost preferable to let them hit you. A phantom vehicle means no subro.

In network body shops aren't trying to waste your time. They're also not paid to waste your time. They're literally too busy.

Your billy body shop guy would be an in network body shop if they liked money. Carriers throw more work at these places than they can ever hope to take.

Also, if they're not contracted and they do a shit job you have no recourse. HELLO MISTER ADJUSTER MY SHOP SUCKED CAN YOU MAKE THEM FIX IT? ...no.

There is no fucking conspiracy lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448