CREW Dallas crew 2021: Half our pro sports teams suck, the other two are decent but not top tier

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Uuuuuuuuugggghhhhhhh. I need to take more vacations. 😢 Last one I took was 2019. I don't count long weekend camping trips although they do help.

Yes, you do.:hug:

This is my first time on a plane since Feb 2020 when we went to Newport Beach and took kiddo to Disneyland for her 5th bday.

Went to Broken Bow in March 2021 and New Braunfels in October 2021 for my birthday. Drove straight door-to-door for both. :hs:

Reactions: dmac411

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Jew Space Laser Control Center
Uuuuuuuuugggghhhhhhh. I need to take more vacations. 😢 Last one I took was 2019. I don't count long weekend camping trips although they do help.
Wife and I are making Powerpoints this week for what our next vacation should be, as she can't decide between Hawaii, Nova Scotia -> Quebec -> Maine, or Scotland.

Well at least I think we are, she made the dare for a Powerpoint from each of us last night but I'm not sure she remembers :rofl:

Reactions: I<3URANUS

Rev. Johnny Vegas

Make Ministry synth pop again
Jun 13, 2001
Yeah, I need to take more vacations too. I hope my dad and I can still do ME/VT/NH this summer, but we've gotta get his heart problem figured out first.

• Support
Reactions: DasVWBabe

01ACRViper

Official OT LOTR Guru......... Spurs >*
Jul 12, 2001
Dallas
30/360 is supposed to be done next year. Believe it when I see it.

the flyovers have been sitting unfinished for so long. no way it's done next year.

and 820 across the trinity is SO DAMN SLOW. seems like they never make any progress, and there aren't even any crews out working :mad:

Reactions: Scottwax

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Yeah, I need to take more vacations too. I hope my dad and I can still do ME/VT/NH this summer, but we've gotta get his heart problem figured out first.
Good luck man. I hope so too. I wish I could travel with my parents more as well. We didn't do much as kids and only have a couple of real good travelling trips. Now that they're in their 70s it's a bit more difficult.

• Support

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
I hope he'll be ok. Have you considered moving down there to be closer to him? :hug:
Good luck man. I hope so too. I wish I could travel with my parents more as well. We didn't do much as kids and only have a couple of real good travelling trips. Now that they're in their 70s it's a bit more difficult.

This trip to Hawaii is with my parents. Almost lost my Dad right after the 2020 trip, with, what we now know was probably COVID but they thought he had C-Diff. :wtc:

I'm going to be a constant sobbing mess for like 14 days straight. Staying at an FLW designed home and a Craig Steely home.

1651176997391.png
1651177055193.png

Rev. Johnny Vegas

Make Ministry synth pop again
Jun 13, 2001
I hope he'll be ok. Have you considered moving down there to be closer to him? :hug:
Yes. It's still on the table. Fortunately my brother and his family are less than 10 minutes drive from my dad - that helps a lot. If we don't get this current scare sorted out, it'll be a higher priority.

• Support

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
This trip to Hawaii is with my parents. Almost lost my Dad right after the 2020 trip, with, what we now know was probably COVID but they thought he had C-Diff. :wtc:

I'm going to be a constant sobbing mess for like 14 days straight. Staying at an FLW designed home and a Craig Steely home.

:hs: that looks incredible. I wish I could do something like that with them.

• Support

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
Was supposed to leave Cincinnati at 11 yesterday, get home at 1:30

Flight initially delayed till noon, then 2:30 then 6:30, then 7:30.

after the 7:30 depart was announced (thought for sure it would be cancelled after that) switched flights to go to boston, 1 hr layover, then from boston to DFW, got home at 9:45

bag went to charlotte apparently.

fawk

silver lining- had me a lobster roll in boston :bowdown:

Reactions: Scottwax

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Was supposed to leave Cincinnati at 11 yesterday, get home at 1:30

Flight initially delayed till noon, then 2:30 then 6:30, then 7:30.

after the 7:30 depart was announced (thought for sure it would be cancelled after that) switched flights to go to boston, 1 hr layover, then from boston to DFW, got home at 9:45

bag went to charlotte apparently.

fawk

silver lining- had me a lobster roll in boston :bowdown:
... at the airport? Does that even count? ;)

TS
TS
Scottwax

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers
What the fuck is a vacation

I want to go see my granddaughter but my older son and his wife are traveling on and off through the end of May and of course we want to see them too. And go see my Dad's new place in Amarillo. Plus my wife wants to go but is waiting to accumulate more PTO. And like always, I'm super busy so hard to carve out a week right now. Looks like June at the earliest. What are you gonna do?

Realistically, retirement is still 10 years out. Then I'm going to travel. As much as I can afford. :x:

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
I messed up dinner tonight (sort of, it was fine but experimental Indian is not my niche). :noes:

Anyone want to give me their opinion on the best burger place in the northern suburbs (Plano, Richardson, Allen, Frisco, McKinney)?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448