CREW Dallas crew 2021: Half our pro sports teams suck, the other two are decent but not top tier

Dissent

Mar 11, 2008
Dallas, TX

Good to see some action on this crap. But the only way to really stop it is to impound the vehicles until they have proper registration and proof of insurance.
I don't understand why people go the paper tag route. Is it because the vehicle won't pass an inspection or they don't want to pay the $75 renewal fee?

I work for a company that sells renewal stickers and I've seen people complain that $75 is expensive for the renewal fees. Shit I was paying $200 for my 2005 Toyota plus $60+ for vehicle inspection back in Cali.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
I don't understand why people go the paper tag route. Is it because the vehicle won't pass an inspection or they don't want to pay the $75 renewal fee?

I work for a company that sells renewal stickers and I've seen people complain that $75 is expensive for the renewal fees. Shit I was paying $200 for my 2005 Toyota plus $60+ for vehicle inspection back in Cali.

I'm a Nevada transplant (20+ years now) and if you bought a new car, you were paying HUNDREDS every year. My 1997 and 1998 VW Cabrio were each $350 a year back in 2000 in NV. The 1981 911SC was around $400 in 1999. Insane.

Property taxes, though . . . :hs:

Rev. Johnny Vegas

Make Ministry synth pop again
Jun 13, 2001

I suspect that a big driver of the paper tags is insurance, but I could be mistaken.

IIRC there was a crack down a few years back on some of the cash insurance agencies that would sell liability for a week or so, just long enough to have a card to get an inspection, etc.

• Angry
Reactions: Sp33dealer

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
We bought a new car and forgot to have the dealer mount the front license plate/holder

Looks like they need to drill it in. Is law enforcement here sticklers on having a front plate on?

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
We bought a new car and forgot to have the dealer mount the front license plate/holder

Looks like they need to drill it in. Is law enforcement here sticklers on having a front plate on?
OK, so I have not had a front plate on any car in a long time unless it was blue & gold with a huge wing. My ID4 and Outback are front plateless and if I'm ever questioned on it, I just go "look, no holes from the factory" and they let me go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sp33dealer
TS
TS
Scottwax

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers

1. Car can't pass inspection
2. No insurance
3. Can't afford to do what's necessary to get it properly registered
4. Avoid tolls
5. Use them when doing takeovers
6. Use them to commit crimes
7. To hide stolen vehicles

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
2. No insurance
4. Avoid tolls
Oh shit the tolls makes a lot of sense, those bastards

Reactions: Scottwax

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
OK, so I have not had a front plate on any car in a long time unless it was blue & gold with a huge wing. My ID4 and Outback are front plateless and if I'm every questioned on it, I just go "look, no holes from the factory" and they let me go.
This is my wife’s car so that angle will work well, thanks :rofl:

Rev. Johnny Vegas

Jun 13, 2001

Texas doesn't require a front plate anymore. The law was around 5 years ago that dropped it.

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
2. No insurance
4. Avoid tolls
doesn't want to pay the 6% sales tax on transferring a vehicle from another person or a car that was purchased out of state trying to get registered in TX.

Reactions: Scottwax

Rev. Johnny Vegas

Jun 13, 2001
Thought they reconvened and fixed that gap. W has definitely gotten a fix it ticket for the lack of a front plate on the STI before he sold it this year.
They may have, but I don't recall it being changed back. It's been a minute since I bought a new car.

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Reactions: Rev. Johnny Vegas

Rev. Johnny Vegas

Jun 13, 2001
I thought we were going to miss this round, but it seems like it may sneak back up to us. I've got Moose under my desk right now.

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Fucking hell. This day is dragging. It's only 11:24. Fuccckkkkkk.
Yup.

Plus it's starting to get a bit interesting here in Rockwall Co. Nothing but yet but thunder and lightning. Bout to do a presentation in 30 so always lovely when bad weather in the background.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448