CREW Dallas crew 2021: Half our pro sports teams suck, the other two are decent but not top tier

Rev. Johnny Vegas

Make Ministry synth pop again
Jun 13, 2001
Tried 3 different companies so far and they've all been flakes or straight up ignored the inquiries.
The last couple of times I've tried to find someone through Angie's List/Home Advisor/Yelp/Etc. this is all I seem to get. Seems like those sites are pretty well useless these days.

Reactions: stevezissou

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Ya personal recs and word of mouth seems to be the best bet
We've had a ton of folks doing front beds in our neighborhood. Some of them are really modern and low-profile with landscape lighting and flat tops. Those turret brick caps seem to be the first thing to go when the ground shifts.

I'm getting the contact information because while I love the guy that did our patio, his BBB rating stinks with 1 complaint and I haven't worked with him again since 2019.

Something like this;

1652366276067.png

1652366333576.png

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
We've had a ton of folks doing front beds in our neighborhood. Some of them are really modern and low-profile with landscape lighting and flat tops. Those turret brick caps seem to be the first thing to go when the ground shifts.

I'm getting the contact information because while I love the guy that did our patio, his BBB rating stinks with 1 complaint and I haven't worked with him again since 2019.

Something like this;

View attachment 220793

View attachment 220794
Ballin lol

My wife gives me shit all the time about not having flower bed walls

It’s super low on priority list but she sees it every time she pulls up in the driveway :rofl:

Many people in my neighborhood hired the same guy to do all their flower bed walls, he was inexpensive and they all got what they paid for. Extra wide mortar, cracking after 1 year, also a lot of people were complaining about him not answering calls or not showing up. He was also asking for payment in full upfront :rofl:

When I walk my dogs I can pick out every house that bum did

Reactions: aloe

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
The last couple of times I've tried to find someone through Angie's List/Home Advisor/Yelp/Etc. this is all I seem to get. Seems like those sites are pretty well useless these days.

Something like this;

View attachment 220793

View attachment 220794
Just please whatever you do make sure you submit plans to your HOA and get them approved.

My neighbor moved in from guess where? CALIFORNIA, and had a landscaping company come in and make their front yard look like arizona with stone walls and rocks/pebbles instead of grass.

They did all this without getting approval from the HOA.

Long story short they got cited and fined, landscaping company who did it wouldn't call them back, so had to get a new company to redo everything to get it into compliance lmao.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Just please whatever you do make sure you submit plans to your HOA and get them approved.

My neighbor moved in from guess where? CALIFORNIA, and had a landscaping company come in and make their front yard look like arizona with stone walls and rocks/pebbles instead of grass.

Long story short they got cited and fined, landscaping company who did it wouldn't call them back, so had to get a new company to redo everything to get it into compliance lmao.
Yup, all of ours were filed with the HOA.

• Support
Reactions: stevezissou

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW

How do they fuck that up?

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
How do they fuck that up?
"Where we come from there aren't HOA's"

Yea well we have them here and in that stack of papers you signed and didn't read it clearly stated the property you are purchasing is subject to HOA covenants and it is your responsibility to comply with them. :hs:

• Love
Reactions: aloe

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Jew Space Laser Control Center
It is a headache but worth it so you don't have to pay to have work done TWICE.

Every HOA is different like mine won't allow "rubber trim" on the flower beds it has to be "metal" lmao
Yeah I'm going to get to have that fun. I want to actually do 2 things, the flower bed border as well get something done about the sloped path to the backyard that has erosion issues. It's sloped for water drainage, but it's in a constantly shaded part so grass says fuck you.

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Jew Space Laser Control Center
Went to snag some lunch and literally there's a guy 5 houses away that has a crew doing exactly what I want, stopped and got the card from the crew, the owner was there, he subcontracts out but does a full thing on the side, so finally getting some traction on this.

He and his guys were sweatin' like a mofo, too, since it's May 12th and registering FuckThat* outside.

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

Looks like I picked the wrong week....
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
fwiw...70 bags of rocks (2300lbs) didn't even do half of what i needed and i had to order 120% more to finish the job (on tuesday). other side of the walk is a lot less sq footage so should be good.

1 bag of rocks
1652409058670.png

70 30lb bags
1652409098897.png

not looking forward to trimming that weed barrier but whatever. maybe i'll just maul it down to the edging with the weed eater after all the rocks are in

Reactions: I<3URANUS

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
gotta wake up in the morning and move the left pallet to the back yard (diff project). guessing that's gonna suck since i'm already sore

middle and right pallet were the 70 bags of rocks

prob shouldn't have started that project at 4:30 today....was kinda warm and my house blocked the wind todya.

1652409921094.png

dmac411

OT Supporter
Sep 18, 2003
dallas, tx
fwiw...70 bags of rocks (2300lbs) didn't even do half of what i needed and i had to order 120% more to finish the job (on tuesday). other side of the walk is a lot less sq footage so should be good.

1 bag of rocks
View attachment 220990

70 30lb bags
View attachment 220992

not looking forward to trimming that weed barrier but whatever. maybe i'll just maul it down to the edging with the weed eater after all the rocks are in

Should have called a rock vendor! You give them estimated space to fill, they give you a quote based on those measurements, and then come drop off a big ass pile of rocks in your driveway. And much cheaper than HD or Lowes.

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
Should have called a rock vendor! You give them estimated space to fill, they give you a quote based on those measurements, and then come drop off a big ass pile of rocks in your driveway. And much cheaper than HD or Lowes.
the quotes i got wern't much better and HD dropped the stuff right there so no hauling around the house

Reactions: I<3URANUS

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
so more on the rock vendor thing.....

rock vendors insisted on dropping rocks on my property, but they couldn't drop in my driveway (carport) or on the side yard (slope) and suggested the street in front of my house but the city was going to have some serious problems with that plus someone would inevitably hit the pile because my neighbors are mostly idiots. Plus if it's in the street, my neighbors are taking it.....that's just how the hood does.

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
so more on the rock vendor thing.....

rock vendors insisted on dropping rocks on my property, but they couldn't drop in my driveway (carport) or on the side yard (slope) and suggested the street in front of my house but the city was going to have some serious problems with that plus someone would inevitably hit the pile because my neighbors are mostly idiots. Plus if it's in the street, my neighbors are taking it.....that's just how the hood does.
My MIL did exactly what you are doing last year and the rock vendor gave her a ton of teeny tiny (pebble sized) rocks. If was a pain in the ass for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448