OT Supporter
Nov 28, 2002
Virginia

kilian

Babysitting Adults
OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2007
Central Coast, CA
As someone pointed out on the UG, if he gets fined it will be a joke of a ruling and indicative of how much favoritism there really is with DW for his UK cash cow.

momentum

CAN'T STOP THIS SON!
Jan 2, 2001
San Diego
bet the punishment is Bisping has to fight Anderson Silva next in the UK and get smashed in his home town lol

checkii

ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว
Jun 29, 2003
rain street
its gonna be a $5000 fine and a 3 months suspension that doesn't affect anything

Agreed.

Dana isnt going to punish shit. Commission will slap him on the wrist with a small monetary fine and a small suspension that would not effect him anyways.

dixie2.0

dixienormous
Dec 25, 2009
Bisping vs Sonnen is in the works for this summer. That is adequate punishment IMO.

Chael will pound a mudhole in Bisping's face.

If Jorge's shit talk made Monkey Mike the King of Strike and Bike lose his bananas, what will Chael do to his fragile feelings?

dixie2.0

dixienormous
Dec 25, 2009
To: Joe Silva, Matchmaker Extraordinaire, Ultimate Fighting Championship
Re: Spitsbing & his tainted victory

Joe:

If you get a chance to talk with him, please mention to your idiot-in-residence Michael Spitsbing it’ll be a little tougher to knee ME in the head when I’m charging at him like a runaway train and mincing him through the fence like a boiled potato, should we ever have the pleasure of each other’s company for a few (VERY few) moments in the Octagon.

Oh; and I’d suggest to him being a little careful about spitting on any of MY cornermen, since any one of them can beat him up as badly as I can. Thanks ever so much.
Hope all is well.

-Chael Sonnen

:rofl:

http://mmaweekly.com/chael-sonnen-wants-to-face-michael-bisping-next-in-the-ufc

edward_cullen

Unemployed Since 08
Jun 30, 2009
Hollywood, CA
While knee's to a grounded opponent don't happen that often, it's safe to say when they do occur in most cases it's unintentional and likely just a bad case of timing. Most importantly I do not think a fighter should be penalized for it unless there is solid evidence that it was intentional.

As for the post fight antics, Bisping should have every right to celebrate his victory in any way he chooses as long as he is not physically harming anybody. His trash talking to Jorge, reminiscent of Brock vs. Mir II, it's fine. His spitting on the corner men, unless you were there you have no idea whether or not he was provoked to take the course of action he did, and even if he didn't, it's no big deal. It's fighting, tempers flare up and emotions run high, it's to be expected.

canning

Super Moderator
Oct 31, 2001
im surprised people still respond to his posts

i dont even read them anymore

1xCeO.jpg

phonics

No good sir, I'm on the level.
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2004
Punishment for what exactly? Flipping someone off? An unintentional foul? Or spitting in the cage?

:riaa:

machine

Welcome to the Machine
OT Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
DSotM
Punishment for what exactly? Flipping someone off? An unintentional foul? Or spitting in the cage?

:riaa:

athletes in other sports have been punished harshly for things like flipping the bird. i dont think spitting at your opponent's corner should be tolerated. at the end of the day, it's a professional sport, and the fighters should conduct themselves accordingly.

NUDES

May 19, 2007
Athletes in other sports have been fined out the ass for shit like that. Look, I don't even think it was a huge deal personally, BUT if there is little consequence then it just further illustrates how amateur MMA is if the "NFL" of the sport fails to issue a ufc specific punishment.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448