GAME Dead Space 2 Steam not starting

vicious151

OT Supporter
Sep 22, 2006
SoCal
I bought this during this past week EA sell. Well I installed the game and when I click play it starts the activation wizard then I complete the activation and wouldnt you know nothing happens.

I have uninstalled and re-installed and nothing I have validated my cache files and nothing I have also defrag my cache and nothing.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I have googled and everything that I seem to have found has not worked. I did see somthing about changing some settings in the settings.txt only the game has never started so this has never been created.

Any help would be FUCKING AWESOME. I'm tired of raging I just want to play the game I fucking paid for.

Last edited:

Ando

BOOYA
Jan 25, 2003
Mars
uh oh, i just installed this so I hope everything works fine when I start playing it. My internet conneciton is shit so if I have to reinstall that will cost me about 2 days...

Ando

BOOYA
Jan 25, 2003
Mars
So i just started playing and when I reach the first store in the game I have access to a shit load of guns and armor all for free, it looks like I can have pretty much anything I want right from the beginning of the game... this definitely feels like a glitch of some kind.

Nom

I'm the Golden God
OT Supporter
Sep 10, 2003
So i just started playing and when I reach the first store in the game I have access to a shit load of guns and armor all for free, it looks like I can have pretty much anything I want right from the beginning of the game... this definitely feels like a glitch of some kind.
faggot glitcher hacker

FunkyMunniez

Mar 15, 2008
yea thats a glitch. obviously not supposed to happen.

Ando

BOOYA
Jan 25, 2003
Mars
if it is a glitch, this sucks. all the fun of discoverying new weapons/suits as I progress through the game has been taken away from me.

ignoring the fact that they are all free, is it normal to have all weapons/suits available at the beginning??

Ando

BOOYA
Jan 25, 2003
Mars
maybe i'll start another game since i'm only an hour in and see what happens.

game is fucking awesome so far, btw

FunkyMunniez

Mar 15, 2008
if it is a glitch, this sucks. all the fun of discoverying new weapons/suits as I progress through the game has been taken away from me.

ignoring the fact that they are all free, is it normal to have all weapons/suits available at the beginning??
no its not normal. youre supposed to unlock everything by collecting schematics and bringing them to the store.

Ando

BOOYA
Jan 25, 2003
Mars
started a new game and got to the first store, same bullshit. :mad:

edit: so apparently the steam sale version of this game came with a bunch of DLC (ie all the free weapons and suits). this is unfortunate...

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor