GAME Dead space strategy

gui3

all the dude ever wanted was his rug back
May 6, 2000
This will be nerdy.
I think for a horror-survival game, you get more out of it if you play with a strategy.
Im about halfway through dead space 2.
It's not scaring the shit out of me like DS1 did, but they did a great job on it.

I'm playing a little differently from the first game. Rather than play it like a COD where its like "OMG GUNZ", I'm playing with just the plasma cutter and the line gun as backup. I'm selling all the extra ammo to buy power nodes to level up my guns/rig/stasis. I figure this is probably the way I'd do it in real life - one reliable badass gun, plenty of ammo, and plenty of stasis to let me take my time.

About 7 chapters in, and the game is pretty manageable.

Sooka

Feb 25, 2004
East Coast
Honestly I had a much bigger problem with ammo conservation in Dead Space 2, especially towards the end. I beat Dead Space multiple times with the Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, and Force Gun as my main weapons and I was never really on the verge of running out of ammo. I still never beat Dead Space 2 because when I got to the last boss I kept running out of ammo and after half a dozen tries I attempted to get run back to the shop before the final battle but I end up running into that invincible motherfucker and other guys and end up just using up almost all of my ammo and stasis anyway. :mad:

And by the way both games were played on normal mode, I never got the platinum trophy for Dead Space on PS3 because to get the last trophy I had to beat it on hardest difficulty and Dead Space 2 I only played on the PC.

Boomdart

Apr 28, 2005
I found it to not be all that difficult, but you gotta conserve your ammo if you want plenty for later.

Things pop out ALL THE TIME so you pretty much get used to it, and it stops being even a little scary pretty quick.

Was a fun game though, I liked the quest line that showed you where to go so you wouldn't roam around lost for hours, more games need that :o

FunkyMunniez

Mar 15, 2008
Honestly I had a much bigger problem with ammo conservation in Dead Space 2, especially towards the end. I beat Dead Space multiple times with the Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, and Force Gun as my main weapons and I was never really on the verge of running out of ammo. I still never beat Dead Space 2 because when I got to the last boss I kept running out of ammo and after half a dozen tries I attempted to get run back to the shop before the final battle but I end up running into that invincible motherfucker and other guys and end up just using up almost all of my ammo and stasis anyway. :mad:

And by the way both games were played on normal mode, I never got the platinum trophy for Dead Space on PS3 because to get the last trophy I had to beat it on hardest difficulty and Dead Space 2 I only played on the PC.

Once you started collecting ammo in DS1 for most of your weapons, the hard mode got pretty easy. Just back yourself into a corner with no vents nearby and use a combo of pulse rifle, line gun, and force gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan