FIT deadlift check

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2k

OT Supporter
Apr 5, 2002
TX
first thing, I KNOW its a horrible camera angle, i dont like bothering people for spots, let alone asking them to film me. I'll try to setup the camera better next time. Also, i know im a fatty and that 455lbs is pussy weight.. ok, now that thats out of the way..

I stopped deadlifting a long time ago due to a back injury. I just started up again and want to make sure im doing things right. any obvious mistakes that you guys see?

On my own, i think i take way to long setting up... I keep my lower back tight, but tend to round my shoulders/upperback.. im thinking i need to keep my chest out more?.. maybe have my hips lower. ?

[y]qd3Yc7yWi0k[/y]

kronik85

Feb 8, 2005
Deutschland
hard to tell too much from the front, but do you find you have decent strength imbalances between your right and left single leg deadlifts/squats/etc? does your right typically come up that much faster than your left?

like you said, you take alot of time in the bottom position setting up. personally i try to position everything ahead of time, take a deep belly of air while up top, grab bar, stretch hamstrings real quick (take advantage of stretch shortening cycle), and go. that's what i like to do and seems to be fairly common.. you'll always have outliers like that 18 year old who sits on his knees for 45 seconds while gripping the bar and then pulling 800.

TS
TS
M2k

M2k

OT Supporter
Apr 5, 2002
TX
hard to tell too much from the front, but do you find you have decent strength imbalances between your right and left single leg deadlifts/squats/etc? does your right typically come up that much faster than your left?

like you said, you take alot of time in the bottom position setting up. personally i try to position everything ahead of time, take a deep belly of air while up top, grab bar, stretch hamstrings real quick (take advantage of stretch shortening cycle), and go. that's what i like to do and seems to be fairly common.. you'll always have outliers like that 18 year old who sits on his knees for 45 seconds while gripping the bar and then pulling 800.

I do have a slighty stronger side. I dont really notice it, but the bar IS moving around alot in the vid. Im curious now if the same side would come up faster with the alternate grip..

kronik85

Feb 8, 2005
Deutschland
just be conscious of it and try and see whats going on.... i try to reverse my grip frequently up to my max lifts, but my max lifts are almost always right hand under, left hand over (right dominant).

4cd-Air

This user is longer available
Oct 4, 2001
Never understood why people only film a near 1RM in order to have a form check. We want different angles, lighter weights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor