Deaf people can have tinnitus

Scold

Nov 24, 2007
SJ,CA
Weirdest dreams I've ever had are where I could use both my arms (nerve damage at birth, never been able to use my right arm), I can't imagine how bizarre seeing in a dream would be as a blind person. :o
Woah... you can’t use your arms? Do you have hand function?

Reactions: B-Line

Mammoth

I should be working.
OT Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Michigan
But I can understand having tinnitus. Fluid in the inner ear can cause that. So, deaf or not, I guess I can see them experiencing that annoying ringing.

RotorBalls

Sep 8, 2000
RBWH
687e9c3696291c97abe2e9cf7eccdd94.jpg
is that one of those magic eyes :big grin:

Scold

Nov 24, 2007
SJ,CA
Right arm, not arms. And I had a few surgeries when I was a kid and I can open/close the fingers of my right hand a little as a result but that's about it. Useful to help hold stuff.
Fuck man. I’m sorry to hear that. I know it’s been your whole life so it’s all you know but I can imagine that it can still get frustrating.

TS
TS
monolith

monolith

Hey, Herbie! How's life? Taking forever.
OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
Virginia
Not sure if that would be better or complete and utter silence. :dunno:
Just learned this today and read about it. Also spoke to my mom who teaches ASL and she said it’s worse because they [deaf people] have no way to mask the sound.

• Wow
Reactions: Mammoth

ashzero

Big Iron
Mar 16, 2000
Weirdest dreams I've ever had are where I could use both my arms (nerve damage at birth, never been able to use my right arm), I can't imagine how bizarre seeing in a dream would be as a blind person. :o
the other day i woke up to my phone ringing and i tried to answer it but my arm was not responsive at all. i must've slept on it or something and i was trying with all my might to lift my finger to swipe my phone to answer the call and i just couldn't do it. i then waggled it and punched it until the feeling came back :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman