dealbreakers

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Bizzlebob, Apr 20, 2011.

1. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

Deal breakers for me.

1. single mom. I just learned your stance on abortion and birth control.
    2. no aspirations in life. Don't care what it is, just have a goal other than getting married and having kids.
    3. No car. Nothing says I'm using you more than me becoming your transportation.

2. Arkaybee

Arkaybee New Member

have any of you been faced with the decision to abandon your "deal breakers" for the girl or guy of your dreams?

I swore up and down that i would never date someone that smokes, someone of a different religion or someone with "free thinking" ideals (hippie, tree hugger, usual vegetarian/vegan, bisexual, pothead, etc).

The current girl I am dating is the girl of my dreams. We get along so well it's scary; it's like she is the female version of me. She smoked for the first few months we started dating, is not of my religion and was in a lesbian relationship for the past 13 years. She's also a vegetarian.

Be careful what you decide to be deal breakers, you can miss out on some great opportunities.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I used to say/think I'd never date a smoker in a million years...and then unfortunately found out practically everyone smokes :sad2:

My last 4 boyfriend's smoked, all at different levels. When I met Mr. Beer he had just broken up with a chain smoker who got him into smoking a lot. I was instantly turned off as well, but in the beginning I was taking is casual anyway and kind of brushed it off. I explained my hatred for it off the bat, but didn't say anything like "I wont date you" or "STOP!" but I just made sure he knew I couldn't date a regular smoker again. He stopped buying them from that point on and it purely became a drinking/social thing. When we go out with friends (who almost all smoke :rolleyes:) he'll smoke 2-3 and that's it. I still hate it, but I can take 1-3 cigs a week :dunno: If he goes out with guy friends to a bar the rule is he takes his clothes off in the laundry room, puts them in the washer, goes straight to the shower and brushes his teeth before kissing me :mamoru:

4. Toxica

Toxica New Member

Lulz. I'm a single mom with a 4 year old daughter. My stance is that I am now extremely cautious about protection and if I were to happen to somehow get pregnant, I'd get an abortion because I don't want a second child. :o

(Don't get me wrong though, I love my daughter and I'd have her again if I could go back in time or whatever. I just really only ever wanted one child and don't plan anymore.)

5. komatose

komatose New Member

smokers
    fishy pussy
    snaggle teeth

6. Ep

Ep Guest

They smell and taste bad. If there isn't that much of a smell to you, you might have a weakened sense of smell.

7. IslanderOffRoad

There are exceptions to every rule, you may be one.

I've had sex with a couple single moms and the last one was very sloppy with birth control. When we were getting to it, she was trying to guide me in before I got the condom on. Almost up and left there.

I'm also not ready to be a father to my own kid, let alone someone else's. Rather than put myself and someone else into a situation where I back out when things get serious because of the kid, I choose to be up front about it being an issue for me.

8. Toxica

Toxica New Member

Okay, I can see where you're coming from with that experience. Single moms aren't the only ones that are like that. I knew two girls who would do anything to have a baby. One even went to the bathroom and took her boyfriend's condom, turned it inside out and put the cum inside her. :ugh: She also told me that she got her guy really drunk so that he came inside her when they had sex. (She's this nice, shy girl that I never pictured doing that, haha. I thought she was nuts after that.) Watch out for all chicks and wash your condoms when you finish. :rofl:

All that makes sense. Being a single mom can be a deal-breaker for a lot of men. It's not for everyone. My point was that you should probably be careful with all women when it comes to that issue and not every single mother wants a lot of babies. You can make that judgement early on, your experience being an example, if the girl wants a baby or not by how careful she is with protection.

(But this will be my last response on the subject because I don't want to derail the thread into that whole topic. :mamoru:)

9. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Bad acne.
    Bad with money.
    Bad teeth.

10. Kyoko

Kyoko New Member

I'd also like to mention that having a shitty family is another dealbreaker for me. I don't care how cool and awesome the person is. I dated a guy with a horribly dysfunctional family once and it was AWFUL. They lived in a nice house in suburbia but their attitude was really, uh, "low class." You know how some people are trashy but in really subtle ways? It was like that. Not surprisingly, the guy had weird mommy issues too.

I don't care how cool or awesome someone is. What's bred in the bone will come out in the flesh, one way or another.

Mental or emotional disorders, like clinical depression or bipolar disorder, is another dealbreaker. I have little patience for it. I know they're legit diseases, but my family lived in a culture that experienced literally 1,000 years of war and famine. They've experienced the kind of horror, heartbreak, trauma, and inhumanity that I would never wish upon my worst enemy, yet I've never once heard anyone complain. They are happy and well-adjusted and they raised me to be tough in a culture that encourages you to be a sensitive crybaby. It takes a lot to get me down, so I have no tolerance or patience to deal with people who are warm and full with a roof over their heads telling me that they're too "depressed" to function.

Again, I know that depression is a real concern. But depending on the context, it seems like MOST of the people I know with depression - well-off white people - use it as an excuse for shitty behavior.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  11. 1BadZ

1BadZ Uber :Aug2000: GM Nazi

Eating disorders are at the top of my list. If a girl has to puke or not eat to make herself "attractive," that is usually just the tip of the crazy iceberg she calls her personality.

12. 60druidgurubash

60druidgurubash OT Supporter

horse smile. if i can see gums when you smile im instantly disgusted.

13. IslanderOffRoad

I can agree with you on all that. I've been single for less than a year off a 5 year relationship; last time I was single, I wasn't even old enough to drink. So at 19, these weren't situations I ran into. I'm 26 now, and know that as a "nice guy" with a good job, masters degree, etc, I portray an image of stability. Maybe these girls think I'm a meal ticket, idk.

I'm sure it happens with girls who haven't had kids as well, but I can only go off my experience so far.

14. Actvs Dei

Actvs Dei OT Supporter

:love:

I'm a casual smoker (mostly during drinking) and my deal breaker are girls who shit their pants about casual smoking.

The non-educational debt thing too. Its scary thinking of mingling accounts with someone who has no financial self-control. Shit even if they don't have a lot of debt yet but have to spend every penny they make. Fuck that too.

15. kiri

kiri New Member

smoking, fatness, anything that shows that they disregard their own health

16. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I have very few fast and hard rules when it comes to dating. Everything is situational. Given the right circumstances I would date a smoker, I would date a single mother, I would date a cheater, etc. And I've done all those things before.

I would say that honesty, communication, physical intimacy, self-improvement, and passion are all things that I value and if a person doesn't have enough of those things, it would not work. I'm sure there are others too, but whatevs. You get the idea.
    :werd:
    and :werd:
    Since when is vegan trendy? :bowrofl: Does not compute.

And your argument against veganism is pathetic. You're essentially saying "You can never be perfect so what is the point of trying to improve?"

I think trying to lessen the amount of suffering caused and lessen one's ecological footprint on the planet are worthy causes. It's sad to me that there are people out there who can't appreciate or even understand that.

And calling philosophy, art and english useless is just laughable. :bowrofl:

17. ForgottenSpiral

Congratulations to your parents for raising someone proud to be intolerant and impatient. I'd rather date someone with serious mental issues who is working to get better than someone who is a judgmental bitch with no desire to change.

18. P-Nut

P-Nut Active Member

Indeed. Crazy ass non-white person!

19. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

seriously ? come to the bay and talk to the trendy retards, they are all veg/vegan.

20. ForgottenSpiral

I think there must be some confusion about the meaning of the word trendy here. Veganism may be trendy among vegans :)bowrofl:), but as far as the general population goes, Veganism is not trendy.

21. JBunni

JBunni New Member

Trendy /= popular

Being vegan is a trend for some people, its a fad. Just like for some people being bi-sexual is a fad.

Note: Not ALL vegans are doing it as a "trend" but there are plenty that are.

22. Diesel66

Yeah, you are confused. The same people following all the other silly trendy things (hipster, fixies, bisexual boys, etc...) also do vegan.

Hell, just check out OKcupid and look at all the fuckers claiming to be either.

23. ForgottenSpiral

I looked up the definition for the words Trendy and Trend and I still don't see how it applies. Please, explain to me your definition of the word Trendy so I understand.

Trend as it is defined at dictionary.com is the general course or prevailing tendency. Are you really saying that Veganism is a prevailing tendency?

24. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

its disgusting, expensive, and bad for your health

its also inconvenient and annoying

imagine touching your SO to initiate sex and her thoughts immediately jump to smoking and if she's had one recently enough or does she have to run out and smoke quickly

most pack-a-day smokers can't do anything without smoking a cigarette first

25. Diesel66

disco was trendy. The outfits, the dancing, etc...
    That doesn't mean everyone was doing it, but it was the popular thing to do. And there was a movement behind it.