ART Decent deal on lights?

Jcolman

OT Supporter
Aug 19, 2002
dirty souf
Actually, for $60 if the stands are in decent shape and the umbrella's are ok it's probably worth it. Junk the lights and get some mid priced strobes.

TS
TS
hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386

Someone has sand in their vagina
Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
Actually, for $60 if the stands are in decent shape and the umbrella's are ok it's probably worth it. Junk the lights and get some mid priced strobes.

I offered him $50 and he said he'd take it. So how's $50 for the stands and the umbrellas? Then what would be some mid priced strobes?

Jcolman

OT Supporter
Aug 19, 2002
dirty souf
I offered him $50 and he said he'd take it. So how's $50 for the stands and the umbrellas? Then what would be some mid priced strobes?
Good deal. Make sure the stands are solid. It's hard to tell from the pics what brand they are.

Alien bees or photogenics are some good midrange strobes. I love my photogenics.

TS
TS
hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386

Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
Anywhere from $150 to $300 each depending on power, etc.

Ok, that's not too bad. I think I'll pick up the lights and look for some strobes. I'm considering renting a studio because I need space for working on computers, but if I could use it for a photography studio also, that would be awesome. After strobes, I'll need to get backdrops, though.

Jcolman

OT Supporter
Aug 19, 2002
dirty souf
Ok, that's not too bad. I think I'll pick up the lights and look for some strobes. I'm considering renting a studio because I need space for working on computers, but if I could use it for a photography studio also, that would be awesome. After strobes, I'll need to get backdrops, though.
and other modifiers like softboxes and flags and bounce cards and more strobes and better lenses and more bodies and octaboxes and a laptop and a boom pole and some sandbags and a hot assistant....:x:

TS
TS
hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386

Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
and other modifiers like softboxes and flags and bounce cards and more strobes and better lenses and more bodies and octaboxes and a laptop and a boom pole and some sandbags and a hot assistant....:x:

Don't forget the hot model! Actually, I've got a friend who's done some modeling for Playboy and she said she'd love to do some photography sessions with me. She knows I need a lot of practice, and she said she doesn't mind at all. :bigthumb:

Jcolman

OT Supporter
Aug 19, 2002
dirty souf
Don't forget the hot model! Actually, I've got a friend who's done some modeling for Playboy and she said she'd love to do some photography sessions with me. She knows I need a lot of practice, and she said she doesn't mind at all. :bigthumb:
Tell her you really need to work on getting skin tones down. :x:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448