TECH Decent pre-built gaming PC's?

ww_Crimson

Sep 3, 2007
Bay Area
I built the computer I currently use for gaming a couple years ago but I honestly don't have the time or desire to build another one right now. I want to buy a decent gaming computer but I'm a little behind on the technology (meaning I'm not sure what is considered to be good now days). I have no problem adding hard drives, RAM, or upgrading the video card myself but I'd like something with all the other components at "gaming-ready". Right now I'm not playing many games but I think with everything coming out (Fallout 3, RA3, Starcraft 2 / Diablo 3 down the road) I want something that will be able to run those well.

I've briefly looked into Dells and some other PCs on Newegg, just looking for other suggestions. I'd like to keep it under $1000.

apman0000

OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2005
dell/alienware = hell no

just build your own, it's not that tough, you can google tutorials to assist you and i'm sure you can get plenty of suggestions as to what components to buy and from where on this forum or by searching

PSUPef2K

#Elite member
Oct 14, 2000
ibuypower.com

or build it yourself.

thanks for finding my next PC. I was considering an XPS from Dell to avoid building on my own like my last 2, but that looks like a much better deal. how is their warranty?

Skankin'

We are Ginger. We do not forgive. We do not forget
Sep 3, 2007
I don't know about their warranty. I just know a friend used them to get both of his gaming computers. They seemed like real high quality machines for the price.

Doc Brown

Don't make me make you my hobby
Mar 31, 2006
Ohio
thanks for finding my next PC. I was considering an XPS from Dell to avoid building on my own like my last 2, but that looks like a much better deal. how is their warranty?

Resellerratings.com gives them an 8.62. That's probably better than every single major PC brand.

thebox

Feb 22, 2005
Seattle
ibuypower and cyberpower systems use cheap as FUCK cases for a lot of their builds, at least the ones i have seen in person. it looks like this is only on their lower-end and mid-range systems, but dear christ those cases are fucking AWFUL.

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
I don't know anything about ibuypower, but in general, you get raped when you buy a prebuilt gamer PC. It's like buying a pre-tuned Mustang.

PSUPef2K

#Elite member
Oct 14, 2000
ibuypower and cyberpower systems use cheap as FUCK cases for a lot of their builds, at least the ones i have seen in person. it looks like this is only on their lower-end and mid-range systems, but dear christ those cases are fucking AWFUL.

thermaltake armor is a decent case :dunno:

PSUPef2K

#Elite member
Oct 14, 2000
I don't know anything about ibuypower, but in general, you get raped when you buy a prebuilt gamer PC. It's like buying a pre-tuned Mustang.

pricing didn't look too bad, but I didn't compare to pricing the same parts on newegg :o

Maffy29

Jan 5, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Skankin' said:
I don't know about their warranty. I just know a friend used them to get both of his gaming computers. They seemed like real high quality machines for the price.

I had one of their laptops and it was great. The only problems were the modem went bad (I was living on an army base and dial up was the only option) and one of the hindges started to creek. I didn't play and serious games, but Tiger Woods looked phenominal.

Achance007

Oct 12, 2000
New Castle, DE
I bought an old gaming computer (5yrs ago) from http://www.abs.com/ and didnt have any problems with them. Last rig i built myself, but I understand why you dont want too. Its a pain if you dont like to do that stuff, so dont listen to the guys saying do it yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec