CREW Dentists of OT, and other practitioners of the subtle art of Dental Torture for Money GTFIH

deaddweeb

Gundy, Gunder, Gunthy, Goonter, GΓΌnder... GUNTER!
OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA
Probably needs a root canal. Only reason I've gotten any crowns was due to having to get a root canal. Why did you have to get a crown originally if they didn't perform a root canal first?

GonadWarrior

May 11, 2001
Probably needs a root canal. Only reason I've gotten any crowns was due to having to get a root canal. Why did you have to get a crown originally if they didn't perform a root canal first?
Loss of tooth structure with an asymptomatic/unaffected nerve can call for a crown. Do them all day with great success.

Reactions: Ranger-AO

strik9

Verbing weirds language.
May 18, 2001
Md
Sounds like an abscess. Advil will probably be the only thing to help with the pain, need to reduce the inflammation. Call your dentist.

TS
TS
Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place

I'm not a dentist, but probably this
Loss of tooth structure with an asymptomatic/unaffected nerve can call for a crown. Do them all day with great success.

TS
TS
Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
I had a root canal six months ago and I've had weird pins and needles in my face/neck ever since. It's been so awesome! :(
Had a gf once that had permanent loss of feeling in her upper lip due to dentist accidentally severing a nerve. Lips looked normal, but she was not a great kisser. :rofl:

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
Had a gf once that had permanent loss of feeling in her upper lip due to dentist accidentally severing a nerve. Lips looked normal, but she was not a great kisser. :rofl:

I went to my dentist about it this morning. The tooth presented 'weird' initially hence the root canal. They think the next step is just removing it. She's not sure why I'd be getting the pins and needles so she's going to refer me to an oral surgeon to remove the tooth. I would kill to have my mouth back to what it was six months ago :(

• Sad

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
I went to my dentist about it this morning. The tooth presented 'weird' initially hence the root canal. They think the next step is just removing it. She's not sure why I'd be getting the pins and needles so she's going to refer me to an oral surgeon to remove the tooth. I would kill to have my mouth back to what it was six months ago :(
why not see an endodontist before having the thing removed?

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
why not see an endodontist before having the thing removed?

Endodontist actually did the root canal. My dentist didn't know what to make of the tooth so she sent me to the endodontist. He said step one is a root canal, let it heal up for a while and if the tooth doesn't recover, out it comes. My dentist has really just been a middleman at this point. Today she said I'll either be going back to the endodontist or off to an oral surgeon.

LancerV

Buttslut sighting
OT Supporter
Sep 16, 2003
I went to a dentist once apparently they missed 2mm of my root,
The image quality between the dentist and endodontist was night and day. The endodontists xray machine could pretty much see every single nerve ending

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
Endodontist actually did the root canal. My dentist didn't know what to make of the tooth so she sent me to the endodontist. He said step one is a root canal, let it heal up for a while and if the tooth doesn't recover, out it comes. My dentist has really just been a middleman at this point. Today she said I'll either be going back to the endodontist or off to an oral surgeon.
ahh gotcha

well at least you got all the right people involved

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
I went to a dentist once apparently they missed 2mm of my root,
The image quality between the dentist and endodontist was night and day. The endodontists xray machine could pretty much see every single nerve ending
yea diff is pretty amazing

the endo who did mine was literally a clone of Jeff Goldblum, which made the whole procedure comical because he knew it and just went with it

• Haha

popey

OT Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
yeah you want an endo doing it....maybe not a super old one either since they've updated the procedure

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
ahh gotcha

well at least you got all the right people involved

I think so. It's been a very frustrating thing. The tooth wasn't even really bothering me, I just noticed if I pushed on my gums above it, it would hurt a bit. Dentist did an x-ray and saw a little pocket of infection and then this whole thing started. Now I get random face/neck tingles arrgh

TS
TS
Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
I think so. It's been a very frustrating thing. The tooth wasn't even really bothering me, I just noticed if I pushed on my gums above it, it would hurt a bit. Dentist did an x-ray and saw a little pocket of infection and then this whole thing started. Now I get random face/neck tingles arrgh
fuck I hate dental issues...

pookrat

OT Supporter
Dec 6, 2002
The Woodlands
I have more Crowns that I would like to comment about. Lets just say double digits. And I have never heard of needing a root canal whenever you get a crown. THat is not a thing.

However, it sounds like you definitely need a root canal on that tooth. If you can get into an Endo right away you should still be able to make the flight. I was drinking beers at happy hour a few hours after my last root canal. But I dunno about getting the crown replaced after the root canal. The Endo will do your Root Canal, then the Dentist would have to take new molds and get a new crown created before it can be remounted. So I guess that's on you. Get the Root Canal immediately and then decide what to do about the crown depending on scheduling. They could always just get you a temp crown while they wait on the perm.

popey

OT Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
I believe they can do the root canal straight through the crown and just plug the hole after but ymmv

GonadWarrior

May 11, 2001
god I love dental threads @GonadWarrior :rofl::rofl::rofl:

can always rely on people using singular personal experience to recommend things
need a crown? Just extract and implant it bro!

Btw, after hundreds of successful extractions I finally hit a case last week, where I had to refer a pt to OS after sectioning. #15 with stupid apically widened roots. Always nice to have a case that straight punches you in the face and humbles you lol :o

Ray Wonder

he shid
Jun 7, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Not to scare you but my sister in law has had more than 20 major face surgeries because of a mishap while doing a root canal. Her jaw got infected, and they had to cut a piece of her leg bone out to fix it, and she almost died last year.

• Wow

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74