CREW Dentists of OT, and other practitioners of the subtle art of Dental Torture for Money GTFIH

pookrat

OT Supporter
Dec 6, 2002
The Woodlands
15years is pretty decent for front teeth that get a lot of usage

I had all my work done in 2004. All of my vaneers seem to be fine but quite a few of my crowns have started to chip or ger small cracks in them. I am going to have to start getting new crowns as replacements. Are Vaneers usually more durable? Last longer?

GonadWarrior

May 11, 2001
I had all my work done in 2004. All of my vaneers seem to be fine but quite a few of my crowns have started to chip or ger small cracks in them. I am going to have to start getting new crowns as replacements. Are Vaneers usually more durable? Last longer?
No way to tell without knowing material but generally back teeth get significantly more pressure (psi)

Reactions: pookrat

pookrat

OT Supporter
Dec 6, 2002
The Woodlands
No way to tell without knowing material but generally back teeth get significantly more pressure (psi)
Makes sense as those are the ones that started cracking first. 32 is all the way gone. Just has the mount for the crown. And I have had a Root Canal in that one so it feels all sorts of weird for my tongue. I'll probably get that one done first.

pookrat

OT Supporter
Dec 6, 2002
The Woodlands
I probably got the number wrong - it's the last molar before the wisdom tooth, bottom right.
32. You shouldn't have a 33... Unless you still have yer wisdom tooth there. I don't think they usually refer to them with numbers though. And yer lower left canine would be 22.

My 32 is the one with the crown mostly gone. I had pain similar to yours before a root canal after the original crown just wouldn't stay in place. Was fine after the root canal and never had an issue for 16 years afterwards.

Reactions: Ranger-AO
TS
TS
Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
32. You shouldn't have a 33... Unless you still have yer wisdom tooth there. I don't think they usually refer to them with numbers though. And yer lower left canine would be 22.

My 32 is the one with the crown mostly gone. I had pain similar to yours before a root canal after the original crown just wouldn't stay in place. Was fine after the root canal and never had an issue for 16 years afterwards.
I still have all of my wisdom teeth :o

TS
TS
Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
company says there's a dentist at my destination that can do the deed.
company lied. teeth died.
:mad:

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: pookrat and 8legs

Remy Bressant

Boots in the cab SMDFTB
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
Had a filling for the second time in my life yesterday and it was painless. Dentist kept stalling out the drill though, seems like that would be a no no.

• Cool
Reactions: Ranger-AO
TS
TS
Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
When you posted that, it sounded like a lie to me. :sad2:
so there is a dental clinic in country, but they will absolutely under zero conditions ever be equipped to do a root canal.

And now my choices are either run the covid gauntlet back to the states or do the same to dubai.

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
so there is a dental clinic in country, but they will absolutely under zero conditions ever be equipped to do a root canal.

And now my choices are either run the covid gauntlet back to the states or do the same to dubai.
Ask @GonadWarrior on what he would do

I would head home to the USA.

I have heard horror stories about people having surgeries done overseas having issues/botched and then no USA doctor wants to become involved at that point.(Not necessarily dental but other medical procedures)

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz

You left improvised extraction off that list

Redsand187

OT Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
WA

Tell the company to sack up, pay for your return for dental work, and your wages for all the downtime because of their stupidity. That or tell them to fly in a respectable oral surgeon from home.

TS
TS
Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
You left improvised extraction off that list
:eek4: Definitely not wanting to pull it.

Started taking a 5-day run of a z-pak supply I always travel with today. Pretty sure this fucker is infected, and whatever direction I decide to go it's going to take a while to get there...

• Support
Reactions: 8legs

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74