CREW Dentists of OT, and other practitioners of the subtle art of Dental Torture for Money GTFIH

TS
TS
Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
Tell the company to sack up, pay for your return for dental work, and your wages for all the downtime because of their stupidity. That or tell them to fly in a respectable oral surgeon from home.
can't do anything about the pay. I'm a .mil contractor, and my pay is pretty much tied to where and when I'm working.

TS
TS
Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
The how-to is posted on page one. Video the attempt
:x:
I have still not watched that video :rofl:

notgonnadoit.com
:nope:

SuperGriff34

Aug 1, 2002
Ohio
Had a root canal yesterday.
Not even top 5 worst dental experiences.
The lain for the five days leading up to it was unreal. The endodontist got me in within 36 hours.
Looks like you got fucked. Drink some bourbon and pull that fucker yourself.

TS
TS
Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
Had a root canal yesterday.
Not even top 5 worst dental experiences.
The lain for the five days leading up to it was unreal. The endodontist got me in within 36 hours.
Looks like you got fucked. Drink some bourbon and pull that fucker yourself.
no booze anywhere near me. But I can tell you to the minute when my latest dose of tylenol wears out.

xenu

OT Supporter
Apr 5, 2006
how long are you there?

i pulled teeth on incarcerated patients for extra $ in residency and a course of antibiotics almost always buys you a window of symptom relief in a situation where there isn't a dentist on hand

Reactions: Ranger-AO
TS
TS
Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
how long are you there?

i pulled teeth on incarcerated patients for extra $ in residency and a course of antibiotics almost always buys you a window of symptom relief in a situation where there isn't a dentist on hand
3 months - but unless this run of zithromycin knocks the pain (and I'm assuming infection) out, I'll be taking a side trip somewhere to get it worked on.

GonadWarrior

May 11, 2001
so there is a dental clinic in country, but they will absolutely under zero conditions ever be equipped to do a root canal.

And now my choices are either run the covid gauntlet back to the states or do the same to dubai.
Go to Dubai

pookrat

OT Supporter
Dec 6, 2002
The Woodlands
Not knowing where you are "stationed" and assuming the ME, I would just head over to Dubai or the UAE. I am sure they have very credible dentists there.

Unless you can get the company to foot the bill and travel and all and get paid for a short visit back home...

Reactions: Ranger-AO

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
Technology aside, what you learned from this is that retreatments are a possibility, even when done by an endodontist. Teeth can have accessory canals that hold small amount of microbes that can later lead to a "hot" tooth.
As a dentist I find it silly that people are saying to skip a RCT and go straight to implant. I'll only provide that treatment plan to someone with a hopeless/non restorable tooth

My endodontist said the same thing.. take baby steps with the last resort being removal of the tooth. I'm on six months of issues post root canal so I'm hoping it's coming out next visit but I get what he was thinking.

TS
TS
Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
Travel from the other side of the planet running the covid gauntlet the entire way, fight jetlag to get up early for the first dental appt I could make, and -- oh what's this? I got a text while I was asleep? :hsughc:

"Due to inclement weather we will need to reschedule your appointment. Please call to reschedule. We are sorry for any inconvenience."

:madfawk:

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
Oof
Travel from the other side of the planet running the covid gauntlet the entire way, fight jetlag to get up early for the first dental appt I could make, and -- oh what's this? I got a text while I was asleep? :hsughc:

"Due to inclement weather we will need to reschedule your appointment. Please call to reschedule. We are sorry for any inconvenience."

:madfawk:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74