CAR Detail Crew. Looking for a replacement for Beadmaker. Suggests on similar products?

DeezNortz

THE MEATLOAF! WE WANT IT NOW!!!
OT Supporter
Sep 15, 2010
I love beadmaker because it provides some protection and helps w the drying process. so as long as i wash a couple times a month i've always got protection on the paint.

however on my wife's newish car (which is black) it's leaving blotches all over the place.

Looking for suggestions on another product for basic protection for a DD.

@Scottwax

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
This has been my go to "drying aid" for 2 years or more now. You can use it on all exterior surfaces and it adds great shine and hydrophobic properties with a few months of protection. I use it after every wash and it's been great. It can be a little streaky if you use too much on the glass.

Reactions: Cicada
TS
TS
DeezNortz

DeezNortz

OT Supporter
Sep 15, 2010
This has been my go to "drying aid" for 2 years or more now. You can use it on all exterior surfaces and it adds great shine and hydrophobic properties with a few months of protection. I use it after every wash and it's been great. It can be a little streaky if you use too much on the glass.

Nice. Many thanks.

Reactions: amill94

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Nice. Many thanks.
A little goes a long way. I use a blower to get most of the water off the car but leave some on each panel. I'll give one or two sprays to the drying towel and then 2 mists on the larger panels like the hood, rear hatch, roof. After you do the larger sections and move to the doors and glass you really don't need much. Sometimes I don't even spray any on the glass if I've already done a few panels.

TS
TS
DeezNortz

DeezNortz

OT Supporter
Sep 15, 2010
A little goes a long way. I use a blower to get most of the water off the car but leave some on each panel. I'll give one or two sprays to the drying towel and then 2 mists on the larger panels like the hood, rear hatch, roof. After you do the larger sections and move to the doors and glass you really don't need much. Sometimes I don't even spray any on the glass if I've already done a few panels.
Copy that. i'll give it a try. i'm a loyal fan of beadmaker but it gets blotchy as fuu on dark color cars.

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers
This is what I use. It works well especially on top of a decent ceramic coating

Seems to me if a coating needs a topper (like Ceramic Pro does) it really isn't a coating.

No idea of compatibility with other coatings. ONR for Opti-Coat seems to work fine on everything.

Reactions: CPTMULLER and Narc

Scottwax

May 5, 2000
I love beadmaker because it provides some protection and helps w the drying process. so as long as i wash a couple times a month i've always got protection on the paint.

however on my wife's newish car (which is black) it's leaving blotches all over the place.

Looking for suggestions on another product for basic protection for a DD.

@Scottwax
Put real protection on the paint like Hyper Seal.

Reactions: Narc

Smahatma

OT Supporter
Dec 23, 2003
Gullyfornia
Seems to me if a coating needs a topper (like Ceramic Pro does) it really isn't a coating.

No idea of compatibility with other coatings. ONR for Opti-Coat seems to work fine on everything.
Is that why optimum is marketing hyperseal as a maintenance topper for opticoat?

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
not a drying aid but i saw this ceramic spray on slickdeals the other day... gonna try it out on the jeep this weekend and see how long it lasts since the waifu still has to drive to work everyday and i'm too lazy / it's too fucking hot to do a real ceramic coat.

seems to be pretty decent.

• Haha
Reactions: Narc

Scottwax

May 5, 2000
Is that why optimum is marketing hyperseal as a maintenance topper for opticoat?

It isn't necessary. With Ceramic Pro, if you don't get the 6 months maintenance you lose your warranty. There's not yearly maintenance required for Paint Guard, Opti-Coat or Opti-Coat Pro. With Pro 3, to get the lifetime warranty, it needs a yearly decontamination (which around here really isn't necessary) so if you pass on that, the warranty is 7 years.

People with coatings still like to put stuff on them for some reason. So Optimum put a somewhat diluted version of Gloss Coat into a bottle so people can put something over the coating that won't affect the dirt shedding ability of a coating.

What they should be doing is marketing it as a stand alone sealant, its really good in that regard.

Joe Pesci’s Shinebox

Go get your fuckin' shinebox
OT Supporter
Nov 30, 2004
The Great White North

Depends on what's being used as the maintenance product. Most coatings now have a specific "booster" designed to work in conjunction with the coating to maximize performance.

Scottwax

May 5, 2000
Depends on what's being used as the maintenance product. Most coatings now have a specific "booster" designed to work in conjunction with the coating to maximize performance.
With Optimum, other than to get the lifetime warranty with Pro 3, all you are required to do is regularly wash the car. Pro 3 requires a yearly decon for lifetime, otherwise it's a 7 year warranty.

On my own cars I just do ONR washes. Doing this for a living, I want my own cars to be as easy as possible.

Joe Pesci’s Shinebox

OT Supporter
Nov 30, 2004
The Great White North
With Optimum, other than to get the lifetime warranty with Pro 3, all you are required to do is regularly wash the car. Pro 3 requires a yearly decon for lifetime, otherwise it's a 7 year warranty.

On my own cars I just do ONR washes. Doing this for a living, I want my own cars to be as easy as possible.

I don't consider spending 5 minutes wiping down a vehicle occasionally after a wash a particularly arduous endeavour. With Modesta, the maintenance wash system keeps the coating decontaminated and functioning properly.

Scottwax

May 5, 2000
I don't consider spending 5 minutes wiping down a vehicle occasionally after a wash a particularly arduous endeavour. With Modesta, the maintenance wash system keeps the coating decontaminated and functioning properly.
It's no big deal, I agree. And that's why Optimum added Hyper Seal. Just saying it isn't necessary to keep the warranty in force. But when some coating companies say that they have to come out every 6 months at around $375 (seems to be the average) to keep the warranty it just seems that maybe that company's coating maybe isn't so durable.

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
We only offer BC-04 now but they are both amazing. Who's doing your install?
Ben at Motorcar Paint Protection. We've talked about him before. He did my wife's XC90 in XPEL and Nanolex a few years back. He worked with Phil at Detailer's Domain quite a bit and still does some projects with him. He's using their plastic and glass coatings as well as BC-06 which I guess is applied with a spray gun to the Bilstein shocks on the truck since they are so visible.

Joe Pesci’s Shinebox

OT Supporter
Nov 30, 2004
The Great White North
Ben at Motorcar Paint Protection. We've talked about him before. He did my wife's XC90 in XPEL and Nanolex a few years back. He worked with Phil at Detailer's Domain quite a bit and still does some projects with him. He's using their plastic and glass coatings as well as BC-06 which I guess is applied with a spray gun to the Bilstein shocks on the truck since they are so visible.
Ok right I remember you talking about him now. Didn't know he jumped on board Modesta.

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Ok right I remember you talking about him now. Didn't know he jumped on board Modesta.
I think he did in the last two years. He used to use Nanolex. Now it's Modesta and XPEL's coating options. I figured for the extra $600 going Modesta was a no brainer. Pretty sure the XPEL stuff is made by the same lab as the Adams and other do it yourself coatings.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandy Lyle