FIT Did i get salmonella?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReFreshing

OT Supporter
Jan 25, 2006
SoCal, Erf
So the past four days i was cut down by fevers, upset stomach, aches and pains all over the body, major fatigue, and headaches. My friend told me its because I put raw eggs in my whey shake. But i thought the chances of getting salmonella from raw eggs are like one a million? I know its not the flu though because i got my flu shot... What else could it have been?

lost 9 pounds in the last four days because of loss of appetite and puking... :wtc:

JeremyD

Oct 3, 2004
I've been eating raw eggs for years. The likelihood of getting salmonella is about the same as being struck by lightning.

timberwolf

Jan 30, 2004
Toronto
I heard stomach flu is going around. Caught it yesterday too... Weird thing is everytime I'm putting on weight that happens to me. Last time it happened was 2 years ago when I was approaching 185lbs.

Finest

OG #93
Mar 16, 2000
Wisconsin
I know its not the flu though because i got my flu shot...

I wouldn't rule it out so quickly.

A nurse here at work mentioned that the "flu shot" that everyone gets is more of a respiratory flu vaccination. The regular flu, with symptoms like fatigue and upset stomach has no vaccination since it's basically resistant to vaccines these days. :noes:

When you start pissing out your ass, that's when you know you have food poisoning or salmonella.

Drewski

May 22, 2002
Scarberia aka Scarlem, ON
I wouldn't rule it out so quickly.

A nurse here at work mentioned that the "flu shot" that everyone gets is more of a respiratory flu vaccination. The regular flu, with symptoms like fatigue and upset stomach has no vaccination since it's basically resistant to vaccines these days. :noes:

When you start pissing out your ass, that's when you know you have food poisoning or salmonella.

neither would i, but for other reasons.

the strain that you're being immunized against was picked months ago by scientists of what strain they THOUGHT would be the most prevalent this flu season. so the flu shot might not be be right because you could have gotten a mutated strain or an entirely different strain

tb151

Feb 22, 2005
Boston
You did not get salmonella. I got it about a year ago from eating a chicken sandwich from a restaurant that somehow screwed it up.

Symptoms Include:

$hitting about 10 times a day
Fever
Severe Stomache Pain
Eventually turned into $hitting pure blood.

Ended up having to go to the ER, they put me on morphene, hydrated me, got me on a bunch of drugs and after a few days i was right as rain.

DTR rex

Dec 30, 2004
Chi-Town
You probably got the stomach flu.

Are you absolutely sure you had a fever though? Did you take your temperature? Typically, the "stomach flu" will not cause a fever because it is a virus and not a bacterial infection in the body.

If you had a fever it could have been from food poisoning... but the "stomach flu" is also a potential culprit.

Either way, chances of it being from your eggs is VERY unlikely. Chalk it up to food poisoning or the flu.

DTR rex

Dec 30, 2004
Chi-Town
I heard stomach flu is going around. Caught it yesterday too... Weird thing is everytime I'm putting on weight that happens to me. Last time it happened was 2 years ago when I was approaching 185lbs.

I seem to suffer the same fate.

Every time I try to put on weight I end up getting sick. I was up 12lbs since starting my bulk and caught some type of cold or respiratory infection and was out of the gym for a week and a half and eating poorly. I weighed myself at the gym tonight and I am already down 6lbs :wtc:

timberwolf

Jan 30, 2004
Toronto

Every time I try to put on weight I end up getting sick. I was up 12lbs since starting my bulk and caught some type of cold or respiratory infection and was out of the gym for a week and a half and eating poorly. I weighed myself at the gym tonight and I am already down 6lbs :wtc:

3rd day now that i can't workout or eat properly. I was just under 184lbs before this too.

jmezz

layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours
Nov 26, 2004

3rd day now that i can't workout or eat properly. I was just under 184lbs before this too.

sucks man...I'm in the same boat havent worked out except once in the last week. just startin to feel better. I was about to break 240 too :(

havent weighed myself

I'm with you guys, I've been sick 2 times already this winter and this latest time I was 176 and at the end of my cold I was back down to 168. :ugh:

Climbin my way back up and I'm at 171 but man I fucking hate yo-yo-ing.

Mother Nature does not want us to be swole. :mad:

Mr. Pelham

I used to go to school with a guy named Salvatore Monella. He wanted people to call him Sam.

Mr. Pelham

I already lost 1/2 inch on my arms already. :(

I'm not sure whats worse, the losing 1/2in. or the fact that you actually measure while having the flu :rofl:

you'll probably so drained of carbs and nutrition, you'll bounce back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor