Gixxer

OT Supporter
May 29, 2004
Gig Harbor, Washington
Looking at a 20-40k used diesel truck.
4 door
4x4

what are some good options to consider?

I have a DD and another car for weekends.
This would be my 2nd car/tow rig mostly.

I just want something that looks and drives good, without spending 80 grand or something ridiculous.

Will probably keep it 3 - 5 years or so.

hypntyz

OT Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
east TN
step 1: go into crushing debt for the biggest, longest truck you can find. ensure that you park as close to the front of stores as possible while crossing as many lines/spaces as possible.

step 2: buy the tallest lift kit you can find. once installed make certain not to aim your headlights down to compensate, ideally you want the beam to hit the rearview mirror of the car in front of you.

step 3: put the biggest, widest wheels/tires on it you can find, preferably in matte black with little chrome spikes sticking out.

step 4: cut off exhaust, including any emissions devices and mufflers, and run a 5" straight pipe up and out the bed behind the cab

step 5: buy a bullydog tuner and enrich the injection so you can roll coal

step 6: mount trump flag and confederate flags to the bed

step 7: buy a 10" drop hitch and leave it installed even though you never tow anything...you might get lucky and back into a regular car with it.

step 8: profit

TS
TS
Gixxer

Gixxer

OT Supporter
May 29, 2004
Gig Harbor, Washington
step 1: go into crushing debt for the biggest, longest truck you can find. ensure that you park as close to the front of stores as possible while crossing as many lines/spaces as possible.

step 2: buy the tallest lift kit you can find. once installed make certain not to aim your headlights down to compensate, ideally you want the beam to hit the rearview mirror of the car in front of you.

step 3: put the biggest, widest wheels/tires on it you can find, preferably in matte black with little chrome spikes sticking out.

step 4: cut off exhaust, including any emissions devices and mufflers, and run a 5" straight pipe up and out the bed behind the cab

step 7: buy a 10" drop hitch and leave it installed even though you never tow anything...you might get lucky and back into a regular car with it.

k

Leonard Washington

Aug 15, 2004

dont forget the white oakley gas cans and a spiderweb tattoo on your elbow

Reactions: hypntyz

tommylightning

If ya can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen
Aug 25, 2001
You Betcha State
Nationwide search:
Trucks like this will hold value over 5 years

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
:dunno: want one.

There was a time that I thought I wanted one too.

Then I realized the long term maintenance costs and upkeep wasn't worth the trade off for fuel mileage...especially with diesel prices.

Then again, I didn't need a super duty truck at all, but I got one anyway. I also realized I'll never need to tow anything past the capacity of a gas truck.

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can

This dude fucking nailed it

hypntyz

OT Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
east TN
There was a time that I thought I wanted one too.

Then I realized the long term maintenance costs and upkeep wasn't worth the trade off for fuel mileage...especially with diesel prices.

Then again, I didn't need a super duty truck at all, but I got one anyway. I also realized I'll never need to tow anything past the capacity of a gas truck.
I've probably towed more with a gas 1500 than most HD diesel trucks TBH. How often do people need to tow 10k plus anyway? Unless you have a fucking yacht or a giant camper, or work on a farm or as a construction boss, I can't figure it out.

DaZ

System 9 And The 7 Dwarfs
OT Supporter
Aug 12, 2004
MA

Totally spot on, this is how every assfuck has their truck where I live. Best thing is seeing them pulled over all the time because just about every modification is illegal

zedekias

Feb 27, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I've probably towed more with a gas 1500 than most HD diesel trucks TBH. How often do people need to tow 10k plus anyway? Unless you have a fucking yacht or a giant camper, or work on a farm or as a construction boss, I can't figure it out.

If I ever bought a camper (giant or not) I'd buy a diesel to go with it. I'd rather not tow over mountain passes with a gas 1500.

eric5678

striving for mediocrity
OT Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
H-TOWN burbs
07 5.9 with the lowest miles you're willing to pay for.

Full carli or thuren 3" on 17s and 37s.

Dassit. Bout to sell my newer one to get another older one.

Reactions: 93rx7

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can

ive had my gasser F250 since december and haven't towed the first thing....don't really intend to.

i just like the size and usefulness of it, not to mention all of the creature comforts and bells and whistles :dunno:

loaded F150 with the exact same trim and options as my F250 was the same exact price. i wanted the bigger truck, not the extra 3mpg

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
also, who the fuck parks their big truck at the head of the parking lot? :ugh:

find me in the last few spaces away from the building, im not trying to have my shit dented up by some single mom with 4 kids piling out of the 02 accord on bald tires.

Remy Bressant

Boots in the cab SMDFTB
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
also, who the fuck parks their big truck at the head of the parking lot? :ugh:

find me in the last few spaces away from the building, im not trying to have my shit dented up by some single mom with 4 kids piling out of the 02 accord on bald tires.
People who own trucks just to say they own trucks do that shit. I park mine way the fuck away from everyone else if I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan