Dis dude thought he was getting a rolex for $1,100

cm_ls1

Aug 27, 2006
AU
Comes in looking around, sees the no-date sub on display, asks how much is it? so i tell him "eleven" , i see him get excited, getting all worked up.

makes a call, his wife or GF then comes in a few minutes later, they start discussing things with each other , then he says "i'll take it", thats great!

i see her opening her purse and pulling out a few hundreds, i then realise when I told him 11 he thought i meant $1,100 :yikes:

I wanted to burst out laughing, but kept a straight face and said sorry just a misunderstanding, its $11,000 oooooof

a few red faces and they left.

Guy Friesch

WHOOPS, FORGOT MY HAT.
Sep 28, 2003
pon de gal
Comes in looking around, sees the no-date sub on display, asks how much is it? so i tell him "eleven" , i see him get excited, getting all worked up.

makes a call, his wife or GF then comes in a few minutes later, they start discussing things with each other , then he says "i'll take it", thats great!

i see her opening her purse and pulling out a few hundreds, i then realise when I told him 11 he thought i meant $1,100 :yikes:

I wanted to burst out laughing, but kept a straight face and said sorry just a misunderstanding, its $11,000 oooooof

a few red faces and they left.
QONVIyz.gif

TS
TS
cm_ls1

cm_ls1

Aug 27, 2006
AU
Many things crossed my mind to blurt out, like “ it’s not a fake one” but when I saw they they went red I just didn’t say anything lol

TS
TS
cm_ls1

cm_ls1

Aug 27, 2006
AU
Maybe communicate your prices more effectively next time... or don’t if you want some content to slam on a random middle class dude :dunno:

seriously, dude thought he hit the jackpot, buy for 1,100 sell for 10k , profit!

Reactions: alex

firemunki

I am the patron saint of lost causes
Aug 23, 2001
Scottsdale
seriously, dude thought he hit the jackpot, buy for 1,100 sell for 10k , profit!
You know better than we do.

He may have had some idea of what it was fully, or he may have just thought getting any Rolex for $1100 was a deal. Whatever conversations you overheard likely dictate which

TS
TS
cm_ls1

cm_ls1

Aug 27, 2006
AU
You know better than we do.

He may have had some idea of what it was fully, or he may have just thought getting any Rolex for $1100 was a deal. Whatever conversations you overheard likely dictate which

you're right i have to be more exact next time point taken, but seriously i could ask 1000 random people in the street and everyone would know i meant 11,000 ,

could have just as easily mistaken it for 11 million ... smh

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448