CREW DIY build thread

Cashishift

Dec 12, 2000
Omaha, NE
I would accept pics. Been trying to figure that part out.

I have 1 known complete socket set + 1 theoretically complete socket set + untold number of loose sockets, plus impact sockets, ratchets, wrenches, etc. that I want to get organized into hopefully the single wide 4" drawer, then figured I'd use custom cut foam for the rest since it'll be a mashup of mechanics, electrical, and woodworking tools.
I’ll take some later

Zoolander

OT Supporter
Jan 10, 2005
Michigan
Don't know where the woodworking thread went, but minus whale start a new one.

Post your projects here. Wood, metal, 3d printing, whatever.

Got tired of working on the floor, so made a quick planer stand. It'll also hold my jointer and table saw. Got some big infeed/outfeed rollers that'll work nicely with it, and I think I might make some attached to the sides that can slide out.

4x29Bklh.jpg

That's it for today.

*and yes, i jointed and planed that wood for my little stand :rofl:
Put some wheels on that thing.
PXL_20210412_205556784.jpg

MiseryIndex

open your eyes child, your sea is changing.
Nov 9, 2000
heaven's fence.
is using a heat gun to dry wood stain faster a dumb idea? like does it keep the shit liquified, or does it actually seal it of sorts?

Genius/GZA

Dec 23, 2003
Dallas, TX
it just seems like it takes forever for the stain to actually dry (or stop being tacky). maybe its just too cold right now but its annoying lol. i had been waiting till it was dry to put the clear over it.
Water, oil or alcohol base?

Put your stained item in a room with a small heater, it will dry over night. When you clear it, do a very thin layer first and let it dry. Second coat can be heavier.

Reactions: MiseryIndex

Frank White

Through thick and thin...
OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Dirty Jerz
Just threw this together for my buddy. He's going to finish the outside of it with some shiplap he has sitting around. Ignore the random board that's just kind of hanging out there.
View attachment 183523
Any reason you have the feet on the ground rather than pushing the 2x4s down to the ground? I’m planning on building a home bar for the basement soon and I was going to do it that way

Zoolander

OT Supporter
Jan 10, 2005
Michigan
Any reason you have the feet on the ground rather than pushing the 2x4s down to the ground? I’m planning on building a home bar for the basement soon and I was going to do it that way
Do you mean the 2x4's that will act as the bottom shelf? They wanted the bottom shelf lifted slightly off the ground

xconverge

OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2008
San Francisco, CA
oo just found this thread

this bay window bench is recentish (2021 atleast)

j3HYEn2.jpg

I have so much going on I dont even know whats worth posting :rofl:

just finished a quick and easy guitar expression midi pedal -> usb with an arduino and some code

Doing a lot of electrical still, some hvac, decent amount of plumbing

I have a bunch of voltage sags around 5:00 - 6 every day so I made a DMM logger, I just sent off the first data to the "voltage quality team" at PGE, but doubt they will do anything

5DV1Wzg.png

WQvW1Oc.jpg

Last edited:

Zoolander

OT Supporter
Jan 10, 2005
Michigan
Bro, your cat doesn't seem to approve of your carpentry.
I'm trying to find a Pic, I know it was in the old woodworking thread. When I was building a table for my wife he butchered a family of baby bunnies inside of it. I came out and found a few hunks of baby bunny, and the entire shelf stained with blood.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74