Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Jew Space Laser Control Center
Leverage, or a floor Jack and chunk of 2x8
So fun story.

Used my big boy hand truck and managed to

d0L9ezA.gif

the bottom cabinet onto it's back - by myself - with it balanced on the hand truck

Since I big brained it and tilted it back on the outer cardboard from the shipping packaging I could slide it up high enough on the hand truck and was able to get all 6 casters installed. Had the wife help when I pulled it back upright to make sure it didn't tip right or left as I put it back upright. Checked the chassis, 100% perfect 0 damage give the man a hand.

And then came the upper box. Which came off the truck on 1 end. And was hand trucked into my garage on 1 end. And was left on one end. And stayed on one end.

So being any red blooded stubborn Texican American I said "I'll just angle it towards the cabinet, which will have locked wheels, and lift up the other end. Easy peasy."

The fucker weighs 280 pounds and locked wheels said "IDGAF I'm moving." So once that happened I gently lowered. This is key. I did *not* drop the damn thing, and amazingly my back and legs and whatnot aren't totally angry with me at the moment. I have a feeling that fun will be had tomorrow and Monday.

So I had the wife come out to help me stack all 2 of the pallets I had on hand under it to get the lift a bit easier, and then put my air compressor between the bottom cabinet and the wall, and the third lift up to the top cabinet level happened and I felt like a man.

Until I unwrapped the packaging and saw that one of the corners on the bottom was damaged to the point of no longer being capable of being tied via bracket to the bottom cabinet.

mOOb5nyl.png

RzEBcAPl.png

4bXKnpdl.png

So I gotta call on Monday and get them to bring out a replacement. Which I guess also means I gotta take this one up to a Home Depot to return...which is gonna be super fun since it weighs 280lbs.

Also now I know I should have just put it on the bottom, opened the packaging to make sure it was okay, *then* lifted the fucking thing up there with the goddamned handle that I forgot that it had :mad:

• Support
Reactions: CPTMULLER

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Develop a toilet unclogging app.

already have the biz plan. hear me out:

too often with blue collar service consumer work it's boomers running the show. on the side of the plumbers around here its call 888-shit-unclog etc etc. and you get some angry wife on the phone. YEA WHAT YOU WANT. idk service? millennials hate calling.

my entire plan is to wrap the vans with essentially dont you dare call us, text us. and get all those sweet millennial dollars. let them text the service app. send photos in. communicate only via text with them.

the old boomer plumbers dont get it. i dont want a call reminding me you're on your way. i dont want to ever talk to you on the phone.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Remy Bressant

Boots in the cab SMDFTB
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal

too often with blue collar service consumer work it's boomers running the show. on the side of the plumbers around here its call 888-shit-unclog etc etc. and you get some angry wife on the phone. YEA WHAT YOU WANT. idk service? millennials hate calling.

my entire plan is to wrap the vans with essentially dont you dare call us, text us. and get all those sweet millennial dollars. let them text the service app. send photos in. communicate only via text with them.

the old boomer plumbers dont get it. i dont want a call reminding me you're on your way. i dont want to ever talk to you on the phone.
True, gen Z is terrified of real time communication that includes things like nuance, tone and emotion.
However I give you 3 months before one of the plumbers murders Brayleigh and Paxton in their dads rental unit because they left a -2 star review for the plumber not texting back in 30 seconds and daring to charge them for doing the work.

• Haha
Reactions: trez157

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
True, gen Z is terrified of real time communication that includes things like nuance, tone and emotion.
However I give you 3 months before one of the plumbers murders Brayleigh and Paxton in their dads rental unit because they left a -2 star review for the plumber not texting back in 30 seconds and daring to charge them for doing the work.

ill be back to soft hand life of managing from a desk in no time flat.

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Jew Space Laser Control Center
Nah, AI chatbot responds to all requests from customers within 5 seconds, and updates a pad the plumber uses in real time, and always has the ability to suggest a call. Could go further and the AI coordinates calls automatically then patch each end through via VOIP.

Reactions: whatever

Remy Bressant

Boots in the cab SMDFTB
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
Nah, AI chatbot responds to all requests from customers within 5 seconds, and updates a pad the plumber uses in real time, and always has the ability to suggest a call. Could go further and the AI coordinates calls automatically then patch each end through via VOIP.
Brayleigh and Paxton will find a way

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
no. calls.

atxmike

This is my custom title
OT Supporter
Nov 28, 2007
Austin, TX

Don't even bother with a phone number, just post a snapchat and tiktok handle. Also, build a visual listening bot so that customers can just post a picture of their shit clogged toilet to IG or Twitter and you DM them letting them know you dispatched a plumber.

Reactions: whatever

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Don't even bother with a phone number, just post a snapchat and tiktok handle. Also, build a visual listening bot so that customers can just post a picture of their shit clogged toilet to IG or Twitter and you DM them letting them know you dispatched a plumber.
im all in.

Frank White

Through thick and thin...
OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Dirty Jerz
Have 2 major projects on the horizon.

1. Redo my basement steps to my first floor. Currently theres shitty laminate down and it's ripping up. It almost looks like particle board is underneath but I haven't gotten it up to check.

2. Redo my laundry room. Currently has wood paneling with wallpaper, some shitty cabinet/countertops and laminate flooring. Not sure what I'm going to do here other than change out the florescent lighting for some extra Recessed i have laying around, rip out the counter, and probably bump the one wall out another 2 feet, taking away a closet that is on the other side of it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

IT2

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2009
Any good woodworking videos or guides for beginners? I have the time and space but no idea where to start.

James May

Jun 14, 2006
480 AZ
Starting grout on the black hexagon floor and wall tomorrow morning. This was a full gut job down to the shower pan. Full schluter membrane under floor now

View attachment 184579

ooooof...

Just did this in our master shower, but used PVC liner/cement board & Redguard. Damn, that was a lot of work.

Make sure you don't use epoxy grout unless you can do it very quickly.

Jon91SE

These hoes ain’t loyal
OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2004
FL
ooooof...

Just did this in our master shower, but used PVC liner/cement board & Redguard. Damn, that was a lot of work.

Make sure you don't use epoxy grout unless you can do it very quickly.
We still used cement board under the schluter. Never tried epoxy grout…. Went quarts sanded and am finishing up the hexagon as I type

B751163D-E816-4FBF-BCE5-93A54BC1966B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor