CREW DIY build thread

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
how do you eliminate the S trap in that scenario? i could see if the pipe goes into the wall, but this drops straight down, curious how it would be done.
Need 3x diameter horizontal iirc. Send it sideways then back Or move drain entry point in the floor

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Basically all done but the cleanup.

j5icSlz_d.webp
Damn! I was going to do our laundry room in tile like that, but maybe thats a cellar tile 😻

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
Need 3x diameter horizontal iirc. Send it sideways then back Or move drain entry point in the floor

what if you can't move the floor location?

edit- i just google it. turn the s trap into a p trap, i see it now. of course this means you move the drain entry in the floor as you stated.

i bet there are installs where you don't have the space to relocate the pip going down i guess you are stuck in that situation.

Reactions: whatever

s34s0ns

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
Oakland, Ca
This bathroom vanity has been a freaking project.

I never really did anything with the bathroom when i moved in, it was shitty, the quality of the work and installation of everything sucks, location, materials. Fiancee finally moved in and motivated me to do something about it. She picked out the white and green combo, i did the install and painting. I'm a novice at best but i do better work than what was previously done.

Plumbing was fucked, i had to rerun the hot water around the box because it was previously run between the dry wall and the box. Then i added quarter turn valves.
View attachment 186047

View attachment 186048

View attachment 186050
The outlet and switch in the photo were moved and a vanity light switch installed
View attachment 186051
Cut out some of the drywall to fit some boards to mount the vanity to.
View attachment 186053
Some paint
View attachment 186054
Vanity light installed
View attachment 186055
Mirror installed
View attachment 186056
Vanity installed
View attachment 186057
Not without apprentice marks
View attachment 186058
:hmm:

Attachments

• 11BE4D71-5CAF-40F7-9169-1C7388932F50.jpeg
    11BE4D71-5CAF-40F7-9169-1C7388932F50.jpeg
    220.7 KB · Views: 19

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
I don't know much about tile & grout sealant, but I re-sealed my shower a couple of years ago. Now I'm seeing a lot of separation and cracking at the bottom joints that's getting funky so it needs more work. Is there a thicker type of sealant without having to caulk? I've got plenty of sealant, but it is thin/viscous. Seems like thicker sealant would bridge cracks better so mold can't find a home. My tiles are 3" stone/stone look so caulk would look like shit, and porous surface would retain funk at the edges anyway.

TS
TS
michael

michael

Florida Man, Esq.
Dec 21, 2001
The ether
I don't know much about tile & grout sealant, but I re-sealed my shower a couple of years ago. Now I'm seeing a lot of separation and cracking at the bottom joints that's getting funky so it needs more work. Is there a thicker type of sealant without having to caulk? I've got plenty of sealant, but it is thin/viscous. Seems like thicker sealant would bridge cracks better so mold can't find a home. My tiles are 3" stone/stone look so caulk would look like shit, and porous surface would retain funk at the edges anyway.
Always use caulk at the corners and joints. Everything moves. Grout is brittle. Caulk is flexible.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

jwhuffandpuff

OT Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
New Hampshire
just use a bucket
It seems to be working, other than the seal on the underside of the sink is leaking. So that's not making me happy. Not sure how it could leak, the conical seal that fits into the basin drain from the underside is rubber. So it should seal minor casting issues. When i close the drain and fill the basin with water it doesn't leak, but when i open up the stop, water leaks. So the basin seal is good and the lower seal isn't. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor