DIY peoples. Painting my house.. who ever said this was a good idea?

michael

Florida Man, Esq.
Dec 21, 2001
The ether
lmao so much labor.

Got Lazy Gray paint from Sherwin Williams.. Rain Refresh self-cleaning.

$106/gallon :rofl: it was on sale this past weekend for 40% off (all exterior paints -- through tomorrow).

1600631662797.png

here come some pics

TS
TS
michael

michael

Florida Man, Esq.
Dec 21, 2001
The ether
PREPPING IS SO FUN. :wtc:

some primer slapped on with a shitty wagner power sprayer.. stopped using that after the first day.

GjkXMExh.jpg

fcyfVp9h.jpg

v5Q0pugh.jpg

H6Y0Fy8h.jpg

Reactions: Cicada

infinite97

superior attitude, superior state of mind
Sep 18, 2001
Vancouver, WA
Paint sounds gimmicky but a quick google search shows really good results.

I helped my dad paint once, that was enough for me.

Reactions: michael
TS
TS
michael

michael

Florida Man, Esq.
Dec 21, 2001
The ether
the brick at the bottm will be white.

i gotta get on the roof to do the peaks up there.

this'll probably take until next weekend at least.

prep is a motherfucker.

spraying is easy.

wear a respirator, goggles, hat.

phat🐄

#meltdowns are NOT based off post count
Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed by 6 customers

• (1 out of 5)stars.
    Taping nightmare: nothing sticks to this paint!
    August 26, 2020 by All reviews by Jim
    I wanted the best for our house, so I chose this paint. The paint may be fine, but the application is a nightmare for the contractor who is doing the painting. The paint is new and the painter initially thought it was a great idea. One big problem - there is no tape that sticks well for masking. Yesterday, he masked around the trim and sprayed and rolled all the trim. This morning, they tried to mask the trim so they could paint the new Hardy Plank siding. Their masking tape wouldn’t stick to the paint, probably for the same reason the paint sheds water and dirt. He went to Sherwin Williams (SW) and came back with some blue tape that didn’t stick either. He called his paint rep, who said to buy the orange 2020 tape. I made that run and had to go to 2 different stores to get it. It was worse than the basic masking tape. I even tried some duct tape I had in the garage and it wouldn’t stick. The paint rep called the manufacturer, who said to try 3M 3960 duct tape. I found that at Home Depot. It seemed to stick, so they first masked the edges with that in order to have a base for their paper masking tool to stick to. But the pressure from the sprayer lifts that tape off the trim. So even after all that work, the painter will need to go back and touch up all the trim by hand after painting the siding. So he lost about a half day trying to get tape that sticks, extra time as his crew double taped everything and then still has to repaint the trim by hand. A 2 day job may take twice that long and I can tell he is frustrated. Our house is very tall with gables that present some challenges and this is no fun for the painters. There is no mention of taping on the SW product specification sheet. They should have developed a solution to this problem before they ever put the paint on the market. So if you must use tape, try another paint. I wish I had gone with their second best paint that is tried and tested and works for the pros.
    Was this review helpful to you?

TS
TS
michael

michael

Florida Man, Esq.
Dec 21, 2001
The ether
Reviewed by 6 customers

• (1 out of 5)stars.
    Taping nightmare: nothing sticks to this paint!
    August 26, 2020 by All reviews by Jim
    I wanted the best for our house, so I chose this paint. The paint may be fine, but the application is a nightmare for the contractor who is doing the painting. The paint is new and the painter initially thought it was a great idea. One big problem - there is no tape that sticks well for masking. Yesterday, he masked around the trim and sprayed and rolled all the trim. This morning, they tried to mask the trim so they could paint the new Hardy Plank siding. Their masking tape wouldn’t stick to the paint, probably for the same reason the paint sheds water and dirt. He went to Sherwin Williams (SW) and came back with some blue tape that didn’t stick either. He called his paint rep, who said to buy the orange 2020 tape. I made that run and had to go to 2 different stores to get it. It was worse than the basic masking tape. I even tried some duct tape I had in the garage and it wouldn’t stick. The paint rep called the manufacturer, who said to try 3M 3960 duct tape. I found that at Home Depot. It seemed to stick, so they first masked the edges with that in order to have a base for their paper masking tool to stick to. But the pressure from the sprayer lifts that tape off the trim. So even after all that work, the painter will need to go back and touch up all the trim by hand after painting the siding. So he lost about a half day trying to get tape that sticks, extra time as his crew double taped everything and then still has to repaint the trim by hand. A 2 day job may take twice that long and I can tell he is frustrated. Our house is very tall with gables that present some challenges and this is no fun for the painters. There is no mention of taping on the SW product specification sheet. They should have developed a solution to this problem before they ever put the paint on the market. So if you must use tape, try another paint. I wish I had gone with their second best paint that is tried and tested and works for the pros.
    Was this review helpful to you?
it's almost like it's meant to not like anything stick to it.. :hmm:

Reactions: phat🐄

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
Jan 30, 2006
Huntsville, AL
my guy I fully respect the drive to do your own repairs and projects around the house but painting the exterior yourself is top level poor shit

just pay the cuban b to do it

Reactions: Sp33dealer

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan