GAME Do all new Wiis come with 4.3 installed?

DJ-phYre

Jun 5, 2003
Louisiana
Thinking about buying my third Wii :o (I keep selling them to buy other shit :rofl:)

Wondering if I should try and snatch a used one already premodded or pick up a new one with my Amazon gift cards

TS
TS
DJ-phYre

DJ-phYre

Jun 5, 2003
Louisiana
I don't always waste money, but when I do, I keep buying the same piece of crap.
Last time the wife and I both enjoyed playing it, but we got bogged down in our jobs and I sold it to buy more golf shit :o

I've had to promise that if I buy this last one that I won't sell it when I find something else I want :rofl:

HatShapedHat

Dec 11, 2006
Boston...ish
if you don't have enough disposable income to eat a bad $200 investment, then you probably need to re-evaluate the things you spend your money on

TS
TS
DJ-phYre

DJ-phYre

Jun 5, 2003
Louisiana
if you don't have enough disposable income to eat a bad $200 investment, then you probably need to re-evaluate the things you spend your money on
If I find that I am playing the Wii once a month, I think it's OK to eat a $50-75 loss and use that money else where :ugh:

It's not that I don't have the money, but more to please the wife when I am buying all new shit :o

sffitzge

Feb 4, 2008
Version 4.3 isn't a problem, I have homebrew on my 4.3 wii, although I only have a couple emulators (snes, n64, ect.) on it so I'm not sure if there are problems with other programs.....

the only reason I even own a wii is from winning a drawing, all my gaming happens on my ps3........ is there some new hotness in softmodding that I don't know about?

TS
TS
DJ-phYre

DJ-phYre

Jun 5, 2003
Louisiana
Version 4.3 isn't a problem, I have homebrew on my 4.3 wii, although I only have a couple emulators (snes, n64, ect.) on it so I'm not sure if there are problems with other programs.....

the only reason I even own a wii is from winning a drawing, all my gaming happens on my ps3........ is there some new hotness in softmodding that I don't know about?
4.3 works, but you have to exploit with a game to be able to softmod where as earlier versions it as simple as putting the files on the SD.

I don't think there is any new hotness in softmodding. I am wanting one for casual gaming with the wife. Just your standard Wii + USB Loader + External HDD.

FunkyMunniez

Mar 15, 2008
save your money and invest in a wiiU when that comes out or a 3DS with a compatible flashcart that will play you all the same shit.

sffitzge

Feb 4, 2008
4.3 works, but you have to exploit with a game to be able to softmod where as earlier versions it as simple as putting the files on the SD.

i'm pretty sure there are copies of those games floating around ebay and whatnot that people are buying then reselling specifically for this purpose...

considering the number of games you are inevitably going to download and play for free you should have enough cash to purchase one game :o

TS
TS
DJ-phYre

DJ-phYre

Jun 5, 2003
Louisiana
i'm pretty sure there are copies of those games floating around ebay and whatnot that people are buying then reselling specifically for this purpose...

considering the number of games you are inevitably going to download and play for free you should have enough cash to purchase one game :o
I do and it's not a problem. Just wondering if I need to buy the game with the system. That was the purpose of the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan