Asdf1

Oct 11, 2005
JCNID.jpg

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
I was looking at the 38” version :o high refresh IPS sounds nice — or the 48” LG CX OLED — but color accuracy and gamut don’t seem to be great, and putting it in Game mode to reduce the input lag to make it usable as a monitor puts it in 4:2:2 and further hurts the color accuracy :o

i’m still on 3 Dell U3011’s from 2011 :o

Last edited:

jojomcdougal

All proceeds to go literacy.
OT Supporter
Feb 1, 2008
INW
Are we supposed to guess what you want to know about it?

If you have a question then ask it.

Astringent

Hai!
Oct 18, 2000
East Coast, USA
What is better

Depends what your priorities are. I ended up with a VA ultrawide because for me, the deeper black levels and higher contrast were more important to me than tip top response times. Side by side, the difference in contrast levels is stark.

Aside from that, however, it's a good monitor if you need that response time.

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
WNY
I hate these stupid ass gamer asthetic monitors. At least LG and Dell can nail the understated look.
i have the dell ( AW3418DW ) its stand is also moronic and stupidly large, takes up far too much desk space, i put it on an arm

71BfK4MdXIL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
i have the dell ( AW3418DW ) its stand is also moronic and stupidly large, takes up far too much desk space, i put it on an arm

71BfK4MdXIL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

I'm talking stock dell. Alienware is marketed to gamers. I have a AW 34" ultra wide and while it's got good screen real estate and decent refresh, the actual screen quality is garbage compared to my LG.

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
WNY
I'm talking stock dell. Alienware is marketed to gamers. I have a AW 34" ultra wide and while it's got good screen real estate and decent refresh, the actual screen quality is garbage compared to my LG.
ahh yea the ultrasharp model is def a better panel but im pretty sure its limited to 60Hz isnt it?

deaddweeb

Gundy, Gunder, Gunthy, Goonter, Günder... GUNTER!
OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA
I have two 24" ASUS VG248QE. I like them enough for what they do other than not being G-Sync certified but oh well.

wabash9000

Dec 27, 2006
Olathe, KS
I have this one
For the price there really is nothing else that is even close to it. It's pretty good, but the power supply in the monitor has a high pitch buzz/coil whine that is noticeable to me, but most people would never hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kassile