GUN Do AR trigger roll pins only go in one way?

ZCP M3

Feb 4, 2007
Denver, CO
Similar problem here. The trigger pin in my lower keeps backing itself out after every clip shot. :o DPMS LPK and POF lower.

Painkiller

Michael Ronaldo Cristiano
Dec 20, 2001
Earf
Similar problem here. The trigger pin in my lower keeps backing itself out after every clip shot. :o DPMS LPK and POF lower.

Make sure the hammer spring legs are on top of the trigger pins. If they are you can use KNS pins to stop them from backing out.

TS
TS
thedude11

thedude11

Aug 11, 2003
ATX
I think I may have screwed the pin up... :hsd:

IMG_0070_Medium.jpg

It won't budge. Not in, not out.

ZCP M3

Feb 4, 2007
Denver, CO
Make sure the hammer spring legs are on top of the trigger pins. If they are you can use KNS pins to stop them from backing out.

They are, triple checked that they are on top and in the grooves. I'm hoping the pins are out of spec and not my nice POF lower. :hsd:

Soybomb

Aug 30, 2003
Illinois
I think I may have screwed the pin up... :hsd:

IMG_0070_Medium.jpg

It won't budge. Not in, not out.
Were you using roll pin punches or flat punches?

I'd consider wrapping the jaws of pliers with electrical tape and just squeezing it in. You can always crush the roll pin itsself just slightly to make it slightly less tight.

TS
TS
thedude11

thedude11

Aug 11, 2003
ATX
Were you using roll pin punches or flat punches?

I'd consider wrapping the jaws of pliers with electrical tape and just squeezing it in. You can always crush the roll pin itsself just slightly to make it slightly less tight.
Flat... then I did this. I went to Sears and picked up some roll pin punches. :o

Soybomb

Aug 30, 2003
Illinois
:big grin: Kinda' looked that way, if it makes you feel better I uglied up some of my pins on my first lower build with flat punches too :rofl:

Initial E

Sep 18, 2003
Georgia
i think the most difficult thing i have ever done was getting the pins out of the gas block of my noveske barrel

it took me 2 fucking hours and i scratched it to shit, bitch wouldn't BUDGE

ditto

had to beat the shit out of it

I think a lot of people are very cautious when hammering the roll pins. You gotta beat the shit out of them

phrozenlikwid

Jul 13, 2007
NKY
You guys ever hear of a hydraulic press?

Oh, and +1 to roll pin punches. DO NOT try and use a flat punch to get that shit in there. As You've already noticed, doing so will only flare the end, creating the situation you have now. I'd just buy a new one and chalk it up as a learning experience..... I went through the same thing.

phrozenlikwid

Jul 13, 2007
NKY
I got mine from Brownells.....

Don't know exactly what set it was... Looks just like these, but I know I didn't pay anywhere near that. I just told my smith to get me some. I'm thinking I paid around $20 for the kit, but it's been a long time ago.
Edit** probably works better if I include the link:
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=26721&title=ROLL PIN PUNCHES

If you want to start tinkering with guns; go ahead and order some files, polishing stuff for a Dremel, punches, and proper screwdriver bits. Shit is expensive, but you'll fuck up a lot of stuff not having the right tools. Oh.. and especially if you want to do AR's, AK's, or any bigger project; Find someone who has a hydraulic press and buddy up with them. My last CZ (40B) was new, and the pins were staked and fucking stupid trying to get them out. 15 min and a press and all was well, with no damage to the gun.

Last edited:
TS
TS
thedude11

thedude11

Aug 11, 2003
ATX
Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D060; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

I got my roll pin punches at Sears for $20ish for a 5-piece set.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor