Do we have a Disc Golf crew?

Tonster MBA

OT'r of the Year 2013
OT Supporter
Jul 10, 2007
LA
I just started playing last summer. My city has two free courses with beautiful foliage. Since it's sunny 90% of the year, it has quickly become my new favorite activity. I still suck yet I feel like I am sucking less every time I play. Hopefully, one day I just won't suck. Only time will tell.

Any other disc golfers out there?

Reactions: Firewall97

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
La Mirada had the best local course. But I have played a lot around SoCal.

TS
TS
Tonster MBA

Tonster MBA

OT'r of the Year 2013
OT Supporter
Jul 10, 2007
LA
i used to sell discs at the shop i used to manage :o
Educate me on proper discs. I only have 5, some people have 40+. Does it really make that big of a difference? Do you have a name brand you like?

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
Educate me on proper discs. I only have 5, some people have 40+. Does it really make that big of a difference? Do you have a name brand you like?
Go to this shop. They are very knowledgeable. https://www.dtworld.com/

Discovering The World
6455 Roland St
Buena Park, CA 90621

Discs make a huge difference. Weight is your preference. Like golf... there are drivers, mid range, putters etc. Some go straight, curve etc.

Reactions: Firewall97 and Jinx

zedekias

Feb 27, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I played for a couple of years a decade ago.

But I picked it back up a little bit last summer. This is by far one of the coolest courses in the world.
2020-10-21.jpg

Reactions: CookieMonster

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
it's basically the equivalent to golf clubs-- some folks are fine with having a single driver, where others like to have different ones for different shots/courses, etc. it's always going to be a personal preference on how many you carry. people who have that huge array tend to be the people who know how to use the different mechanics to get a specific shot, though most of the folks i know who enjoy it a lot say it's more in technique than disc. :dunno: if you notice your shots are ALMOST doing what you want but not quite, it might be worth checking out another disc with similar but slightly different stats for what you want (speed, glide, turn, fade). the other thing that can affect the disc is the type of plastic, which can affect the disc as well.

we sold innova and discraft, so those are the only two i'm familiar with

• Love
Reactions: Tonster MBA

ghost.prawn

OT Supporter
May 11, 2006
There was a guy in my FB feed who posted about frisbee golf 24/7
After 2 years of this, one day, out of the blue, he said "WTF, my wife just left me for no good reason!"
apparently he didn't notice that she was sick to death of him only ever talking/caring about frisbee golf LMAO

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
this site breaks down the differences in the flight paths of innova discs. each brand will have a similar poster for their stock. everything else being equal (technique, force, etc), those are the different paths each disc will take.

Flight_Characteristics_Distance_Drivers_2048x2048.PNG

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
I play when it’s warm, but holy shit I suck compared to some of those guys on the course. They launch those disks twice as far as I can

Reactions: Tonster MBA

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GarRice