Do we have a Gran Turismo 7 Crew?

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
every time i got cash or an engine on the 4-star roll:

ryan-reynolds-goddammit.gif
I didn't mind getting either of those, it was all the fucking invites that pissed me off :madfawk:

• Haha
Reactions: thumpr

RickylSmalls

how I love to waste your time
OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2002
Ohio
This fucking suzuka gr1 cafe menu race is making me insane.

Finally had a a decent race going in 5th with 2 laps and it started pouring, not that i was gonna make it to third place anyways.

I'm close to just putting it to easy so I can finish the book and get reward.

Mrfrosty

Club Astros member #0001.
OT Supporter
Nov 3, 2008
Metry, LA
@thumpr

Got the 787b engine and slapped it in the '02 RX-7. Added the large turbo and it sits around 940hp with insane gas milage. Tune it down to 780-810hp and put on better tires and brakes, that thing fucking smokes the 30m 24hr le mans track. I get 6-8 laps per tank, depending on if i ride the gas lean all the way through

thumpr

someone you trust is one of us
OT Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
大阪, 日本
@thumpr

Got the 787b engine and slapped it in the '02 RX-7. Added the large turbo and it sits around 940hp with insane gas milage. Tune it down to 780-810hp and put on better tires and brakes, that thing fucking smokes the 30m 24hr le mans track. I get 6-8 laps per tank, depending on if i ride the gas lean all the way through
yeah, i haven't been playing much. if i ever hop on, i just do 10~20 time trial laps with my favorite cars. was finally able to tweak the mazda roadster they released a few weeks ago and smoke my previous mx-5 time around spa

tweaking the settings on my F1 however, has been less successful

oops.jpg

Mrfrosty

OT Supporter
Nov 3, 2008
Metry, LA
yeah, i haven't been playing much. if i ever hop on, i just do 10~20 time trial laps with my favorite cars. was finally able to tweak the mazda roadster they released a few weeks ago and smoke my previous mx-5 time around spa

tweaking the settings on my F1 however, has been less successful

View attachment 272892

I've been playing off and on the last few days. Basically whenever I get a few minutes at the house and don't have shit going on. Did the first 30m run with the Tom's supra. Came in second because before the penalty line the computer pushed me out of bounds and I got a 3 second penalty. Lost by 1.2 seconds with 0.1 miles and 2% left on my tank

How'd you get it to go upside down? :rofl:

thumpr

OT Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
大阪, 日本
I've been playing off and on the last few days. Basically whenever I get a few minutes at the house and don't have shit going on. Did the first 30m run with the Tom's supra. Came in second because before the penalty line the computer pushed me out of bounds and I got a 3 second penalty. Lost by 1.2 seconds with 0.1 miles and 2% left on my tank

How'd you get it to go upside down? :rofl:
fuuuuuuu

that first 30m mission i did with the tom's supra as well but it ended up being a cakewalk

too much downforce on the back so when i hit the apex entering raidillon, just enough air got under the right side of the car and corkscrewed me counterclockwise

Mrfrosty

OT Supporter
Nov 3, 2008
Metry, LA
fuuuuuuu

that first 30m mission i did with the tom's supra as well but it ended up being a cakewalk

too much downforce on the back so when i hit the apex entering raidillon, just enough air got under the right side of the car and corkscrewed me counterclockwise

I struggled my first one. Didn't take first (from 10th) until I out pitted them. Ran 6/lean on fuel the entire race to get more milage. Then pitted a lap after my first to change tires and fill up. They needed one more pit and I timed it JUST right, but on the final lap ran 1-2 on fuel the entire lap. Then... Dick head computer move.

I don't even mess with the down force an anything but the pikes peak Suzuki. Heard it's a beast on the le mans when tuned right

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Is there a PS version of Xbox cloud gaming for PC? I want to play this but not going to buy a PS5 just to do it. I don't mind subscribing for a few months untill I ultimately get bored of it.

Never mind, I should have just googled. Lol.

thumpr

OT Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
大阪, 日本
I struggled my first one. Didn't take first (from 10th) until I out pitted them. Ran 6/lean on fuel the entire race to get more milage. Then pitted a lap after my first to change tires and fill up. They needed one more pit and I timed it JUST right, but on the final lap ran 1-2 on fuel the entire lap. Then... Dick head computer move.

I don't even mess with the down force an anything but the pikes peak Suzuki. Heard it's a beast on the le mans when tuned right
somewhere earlier in this thread i had a rundown on how to smash that high speed ring 30 min - it's definitely the easiest of all the endurance missions. but it was so long ago, i don't remember my strat

Reactions: Mrfrosty

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson
I’ve started on trying to get all the trophies. I need the last super license gold. I’ve put it off for a while. I’m playing with a controller and watched a few guides. Couldn’t get very close. Tried again with all the driving aides turned up and it’s well within reach. I’m like .5 seconds off and set the ghost to 2 seconds ahead and can pass my ghost pretty regularly. But I just keep messing up somewhere along the line. I might play later and hopefully can get it. Then I just need the Sport trophies which I guess means I’ll have to pay for online play and also the legendary cars. Is there any way of knowing when they will show up again? I don’t have any of them.

f00l

Jun 14, 2004
Finally beat nürburgring circuit challenge a few days ago. the only "real" track left that I did not get all gold in. I was always off by a few seconds and had so much trouble shaving those few seconds off to get gold.

Mrfrosty

OT Supporter
Nov 3, 2008
Metry, LA
somewhere earlier in this thread i had a rundown on how to smash that high speed ring 30 min - it's definitely the easiest of all the endurance missions. but it was so long ago, i don't remember my strat

I'll go back and look. Thanks. When my system controller had Issues i stopped playing for a bit and just started again. Got the itch to play and loaded up some skylines to go kick-ass. Think my favorite non-super car is the S13. Have one fully decked out (high rpm Turbo),then one with the low rpm and one with the medium RPM. One of them has the widebody lol. I can kick a lot of ass in the =<700p races with them

Mrfrosty

OT Supporter
Nov 3, 2008
Metry, LA
as much as i think it'd be cool to have the option to turn on traffic for a wangan type course, we both know PD/japan would NEVER allow that. i mean, that's the whole damn reason why the real life mid night club doesn't exist anymore

plus knowing my luck, i'd be leading a race and then get taken out at the last corner by some old lady in a pink vitz trying to take an off ramp

Found this while looking for the high speed thing. The original playstation and PS2 had a game "Tokyo Xtreme racer" where you raced with traffic on streets. The xbox360 had a version called import tuner or something similar

CopenKagan

OT Supporter
Feb 27, 2003
Salt Lake City, Utah
Finally beat nürburgring circuit challenge a few days ago. the only "real" track left that I did not get all gold in. I was always off by a few seconds and had so much trouble shaving those few seconds off to get gold.
I've been working on that one as well, and have gold in all the segments. I believe it's the last asphalt track I need to get gold in. Can't seem to pierce the 6:40 barrier. :mad:

Mrfrosty

OT Supporter
Nov 3, 2008
Metry, LA
just got gold on the 30-minute high speed ring mission

it's deliberately deceptive since the first few laps, you don't make up any time on the lead car which will probably make you think you've brought the wrong car. you win by spending less time pitting than everybody else, essentially. you can bust your own balls trying to play catch-up and never get close, or you can play the long game.

the weather WILL change in the race (99% it will change before you need to pit for fuel) and the trick is:

1) max out the range on your weather map and time your first pit stop well. once you see clouds rolling in on your map, you have about two laps before it'll hit. you can err on the side of power here - the first time i attempted the mission, i pitted just before the clouds hit the center but the next time, i thought i'd see how far i could make it around the track even with the weather hitting. as long as you start the lap without the cloud over the center of the map, you should be able to finish the lap and pit at the end without losing traction. you'll see it raining and you'll see water on the track but racing hards won't have a problem. you will definitely have to pit though.
2) when you pit, switch to wets, set your fuel consumption to 6 (max lean) and just settle into a comfortable rhythm. you don't need to go hard, just put in consistent, comfortable, mistake-free laps. the key is to max out your fuel. it won't look like you're making up time lap after lap, but you'll see the other cars pit eventually but they'll probably switch to intermediates and then pit again a few laps later and switch again to wets or to refuel. the AI cars don't seem to be very smart when it comes to predicting oncoming weather and they never seem to try running lean to space out their pit stops. they'll pit maybe four or five times in the race and ideally, you'll pit only twice.
3) you should be able to get another maybe 8 or so laps with fuel set to 6 and because it's wet, fuel will be the deciding factor when to pit, not tires. i kinda coasted into a lot of corners to conserve 0.1 or 0.2 laps worth of fuel every lap and squeeze out one extra lap before pitting. the goal is to make your second pit stop around lap 14 or 15 so that it will also be your last. it's a 30 minute race and so you're looking at about 22/23 laps for the whole race - if you max out your refuel and set your fuel to 6 then you should have enough to get to the end.
4) the last 8 minutes of the race is where you should see big leaps in progress, but this is also where the weather will get random and ymmv depending on what happens. eventually the rain will stop and the sun will come out but don't be fooled - even if the weather map shows no clouds, the track will remain wet and slippery for at least a couple laps so even worst case scenario, stick with the wets for at least a couple more laps.

somewhere around this time, you should overtake the lead cars while they're pitting.

if you're lucky, more clouds will come along - the patchier, the better because the AI cars fucking suck at choosing tires and every change of weather seems to make them pit twice. they never go from racing tires to wet or vice versa, they always seem to go to intermediates on the way through. combined with their higher fuel consumption because they don't run lean, they end up in the pits a lot more than you and you should coast to the win with maybe a lead of 50 seconds to 1 minute. this is what happened to me so eventually i just timed it so that just before the 30 minute timer ran out, i stopped just before the finish line, let it tick over to 30:00, making my current lap the final lap and then limped over the finish line. i could've done another lap but since i had such a huge lead, there was no way they were going to catch up anyway.

if you're slightly unlucky, the sun might stay out - but this is not a problem at all. the track never becomes completely dry again. either the AI cars will switch to intermediates which is great because as long as you don't fuck up, they'll never make massive gains on you. they might take 5 seconds or a lap but you'll lose 40 seconds pitting, so it's better just to stick with the wets since they're not much slower than intermediates. if somehow miraculously the track is dry enough for the AI cars to switch back to racing tires, again you should be able to hold them off because they'll lose time pitting to change tires. give absolutely zero fucks about any cars that overtake you. they're running rich and might be on better tires but you'll overtake them all when they have to pit more times than you.

CLIFFS:
racing hards until the weather changes around lap 4 or 5
change to wets, refill max, set fuel to 6
drive fast but safe. aim to get at least 8 laps before you need to pit for fuel
pit around lap 14/15, probably stick with wets and refill max. if the weather map is clear and you're really confident about being able to stay on the racing line then MAYBE you can switch to racing hards but wets are the safer choice (you can easily control the car with wets on a dry course, but racing tires on a wet course and you're fucked)
just keep putting in solid but safe laps with no big mistakes and you should have enough fuel to finish the race (about 22/23 laps total) and you should overtake the lead cars somewhere after your second pit stop since they will pit at least twice during this time.

Found your walkthrough

Reactions: thumpr

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson
Waiting on ups so I sat down to play. Beat the the last Super license mission within 10 mins of firing up. Guess that stupid interruption telling you to take a break is true haha.

Finished and bought the legendary Ford mk IV. Now I’m 94% complete just need the Sport mode trophies and the other two legendary cars. I only have 4 million credits though. Does anyone know the best current race to grind? I know circuit experience pays pretty well but I’m kind of tired of passing some easily and then spending hours on one with nothing to show for it.

Reactions: Mrfrosty and yonson

CopenKagan

OT Supporter
Feb 27, 2003
Salt Lake City, Utah
Waiting on ups so I sat down to play. Beat the the last Super license mission within 10 mins of firing up. Guess that stupid interruption telling you to take a break is true haha.

Finished and bought the legendary Ford mk IV. Now I’m 94% complete just need the Sport mode trophies and the other two legendary cars. I only have 4 million credits though. Does anyone know the best current race to grind? I know circuit experience pays pretty well but I’m kind of tired of passing some easily and then spending hours on one with nothing to show for it.
I had the easiest time with the Willow Springs tracks. They don't pay out as well, though.

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson
I had the easiest time with the Willow Springs tracks. They don't pay out as well, though.
I’ve done a lot of them but actually looks like I haven’t done willow springs yet. Maybe I’ll just go finish every event race I haven’t yet golded and then back to circuit experience. I’m sure it will be a while before the other legendary cars are available. Looks like I just missed them this last month.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman