Do we have a Gran Turismo 7 Crew?

bigben14

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2007
Waiting on ups so I sat down to play. Beat the the last Super license mission within 10 mins of firing up. Guess that stupid interruption telling you to take a break is true haha.

Finished and bought the legendary Ford mk IV. Now I’m 94% complete just need the Sport mode trophies and the other two legendary cars. I only have 4 million credits though. Does anyone know the best current race to grind? I know circuit experience pays pretty well but I’m kind of tired of passing some easily and then spending hours on one with nothing to show for it.
I think the Tokyo expressway race is still the best to grind? You just have to use the Alpine A110 or something comparable instead of a Tomahawk

Reactions: DrewDown

Mrfrosty

Club Astros member #0001.
OT Supporter
Nov 3, 2008
Metry, LA
Man the RX-7 with the 787B engine is a cheat code for the le mans endurance track. Slap on the big turbo+racing hards. Get it down to 800/810hp, and set the fuel at 6 the entire time. You'll pit once to get a little gas unless the rain comes, then you slap on the wet tires and get 20% gas and go. I usually can get about 7.5-7.9 laps per tank without even pushing it. First laps are usually around the 4:16-4:19 mark which cuts off like 8-12 seconds from the lead guy. On their second pit, it's game over if you're already not past them.

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
You guys still play this? Havent touched it in like six months. Is there any reason to play again? Im still pissed at how bad they fucked this game up.

thumpr

someone you trust is one of us
OT Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
大阪, 日本
Man the RX-7 with the 787B engine is a cheat code for the le mans endurance track. Slap on the big turbo+racing hards. Get it down to 800/810hp, and set the fuel at 6 the entire time. You'll pit once to get a little gas unless the rain comes, then you slap on the wet tires and get 20% gas and go. I usually can get about 7.5-7.9 laps per tank without even pushing it. First laps are usually around the 4:16-4:19 mark which cuts off like 8-12 seconds from the lead guy. On their second pit, it's game over if you're already not past them.
porsche 962c

utterly rapes any race it can be detuned for

Reactions: Mrfrosty

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
You guys still play this? Havent touched it in like six months. Is there any reason to play again? Im still pissed at how bad they fucked this game up.

I still play when I need a mindless activity. It hasn’t improved much and there’s maybe 10 cars total I enjoy running.

I need more cafe menus and missions. They keep releasing shit at a snails pace.

Still mostly a fail of a game

• Sad
Reactions: jaunt

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
I still play when I need a mindless activity. It hasn’t improved much and there’s maybe 10 cars total I enjoy running.

"Any day now you'll be able to sell your cars"

f00l

Jun 14, 2004
That reminds me..... I should finish the endurance races.

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
Very subtle detail that I find cool, and ps5 probably expands on it but seeing other cars at a different location on the track within your view. Like obviously large hairpins. Some are quite a distance away.

thumpr

someone you trust is one of us
OT Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
大阪, 日本

i just do time trials for 20 minutes or so every now and again when i feel like a break from whatever i'm doing. i'll also make sure that i get the updates whenever they release new cars (they seem to release 3 new cars every month or so, slow as fuck)

agreed. i'll throw the same handful of cars around the track in time trial, tweak settings, try to get my times down just for fun. try out the small handful of new cars when they get released

I haven’t played in probably a month just don’t have any interest in grinding at this point.

yeah, i did the AFK autogrind very early to get all the cars. got them all and then maxed out my bank with 100 million credits about four or five months ago (whenever we all stopped posting in this thread haha i think it was july) and never grinded since. just been very very slowly spending the 100m i grinded. even with all the new cars i've bought in the past four months, bought all the mods for all of them, i still have about 68 million credits left

Reactions: jaunt

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson

I plan to try this tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
Passed B, did everything available except for a couple of the group 3 & 4 races, came bac the next day to do A, and haven't been able to play since like 10am yesterday.

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson
Just had a super easy time at the Spa endurance with the NSX Concept GT. With fuel map 6 you could borderline make it the whole race without needing fuel. The rain came at about the half way mark and I pit for Intermediates and fuel. It started drying out and then the rain came back. With 8 mins left I still had half a tank of fuel so I set fuel map to 1 just to use it up. P12-20 I lapped 3 times.

PU8yydL.jpg

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson
I’m in first place by the end of the first lap but the car dives like crazy on the brakes and gets all unstable.

bigben14

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2007
I’m guessing you mean the A220 legends car which I don’t have
You’re totally right, that’s exactly what I meant. Sorry about that! If you search on Reddit or YouTube for the Tokyo expressway 600 then there are a load of builds for cars you probably already have or could easily buy that will trivialize that race. Definitely turn traction control up for the first few laps regardless

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson
You’re totally right, that’s exactly what I meant. Sorry about that! If you search on Reddit or YouTube for the Tokyo expressway 600 then there are a load of builds for cars you probably already have or could easily buy that will trivialize that race. Definitely turn traction control up for the first few laps regardless
No worries. I’m just getting to the point of being mostly done with any specific races so paying more attention to the legends cars and farming.

@Mrfrosty i won the Le Mans race with your suggestion. And then did it again using this tune (which required weight reduction and chassis rigidity, which are permanent). It drops the hp to like 500. My fastest laps were a bit slower but it was a super easy win with less mistakes. It didn’t rain and I didn’t pit at all.

Gonna find a car for Tokyo next to mix it up

Mrfrosty

Club Astros member #0001.
OT Supporter
Nov 3, 2008
Metry, LA
No worries. I’m just getting to the point of being mostly done with any specific races so paying more attention to the legends cars and farming.

@Mrfrosty i won the Le Mans race with your suggestion. And then did it again using this tune (which required weight reduction and chassis rigidity, which are permanent). It drops the hp to like 500. My fastest laps were a bit slower but it was a super easy win with less mistakes. It didn’t rain and I didn’t pit at all.

Gonna find a car for Tokyo next to mix it up

I'd love to win another one and slap it in the rx8.

Maybe I'll drop the weight. But i like running balls to the wall at 800hp even

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman