Do we have a roborock/roomba crew?

Mish Mash

Oct 13, 2022
I have an roborock S5 that I bought in 2018. It runs ok, but sometimes does some strange things like run over the same path multiple times and doesn't quite suction up like it used to. Checking to see if the newer models might be worth an upgrade. The Q5/S7 are definiltey up there in price.

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
I have an roborock S5 that I bought in 2018. It runs ok, but sometimes does some strange things like run over the same path multiple times and doesn't quite suction up like it used to. Checking to see if the newer models might be worth an upgrade. The Q5/S7 are definiltey up there in price.
weird first post but OK

the internal foam filter probably jammed up with dust/hair, unfortunately they didn't design it to be easily serviceable, basically gotta take the whole thing apart to get at it

you can see it here around 4:50

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
Thing does a pretty good job of working around sofa feet/pinball legs/etc. I'm impressed.
Slowly setting up the other rooms to be roborock-friendly, almost have downstairs fully covered. Need to finish the guest bedroom and mud room. Haven't fucked with mopping at all yet.

Screenshot_20221021-091341_Roborock.jpg

What are you guys doing for throw rugs that are too light/floppy/whatever to stay in place and get run over? We have one in my office that catches the water/mud when we go to the backyard with the dogs. For now I just have the zone blocked off, but obviously I'd rather have it cleaned if possible.

20221018_104111.jpg

How does multi levels work? Just take it upstairs and let it figure shit out without its dock? Seems like the poor thing will just get confused :(

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
Slowly setting up the other rooms to be roborock-friendly, almost have downstairs fully covered. Need to finish the guest bedroom and mud room. Haven't fucked with mopping at all yet.

View attachment 269119

What are you guys doing for throw rugs that are too light/floppy/whatever to stay in place and get run over? We have one in my office that catches the water/mud when we go to the backyard with the dogs. For now I just have the zone blocked off, but obviously I'd rather have it cleaned if possible.

How does multi levels work? Just take it upstairs and let it figure shit out without its dock? Seems like the poor thing will just get confused :(
velcro tape them bitches to the floor so it can just yeet over top of them

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
and yes, it will figure it out when u move it between floors, just try and set it in the same space everytime so it knows wtf u r doing

Kafka

Virtue and Terror
OT Supporter
Feb 16, 2007
America
I have both a roborock and a shark. The shark is dumb af but it’s the best for actual cleaning it picks up things the roborock doesn’t. The roborock is way more intelligent and i don’t need to worry about it.

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
How often are you guys replacing filters/rollers/etc? I figured the app would tell me to replace them earlier than necessary, but it seems to be lasting quite a while (I assume it's based on sq footage history or something?) I was gonna get the knockoff replacement kit from Amazon with like 4 filters etc, seems like they have good reviews.

vikingen

So this is what freedom tastes like 🇺🇸
OT Supporter
How often are you guys replacing filters/rollers/etc? I figured the app would tell me to replace them earlier than necessary, but it seems to be lasting quite a while (I assume it's based on sq footage history or something?) I was gonna get the knockoff replacement kit from Amazon with like 4 filters etc, seems like they have good reviews.
ordered the knock off stuff too. looks the same but for less than 1 genuine main roller.. figured I need the spares

3C962969-19C3-46CB-BEC3-48C1E5192549.jpeg

Reactions: turbo35

vikingen

So this is what freedom tastes like 🇺🇸
OT Supporter
No idea how it fell out, I think the wife didn’t secure the bottom bracket thing.. then the robo went 4wd’ing over some stuff and it all fell out

Doggo was either confused it was a chew toy was or getting payback coz she hates it

289C291F-6298-4E52-A19C-4D8DD6DFFF55.jpeg 6FB921A8-FDC8-4CA1-96AC-2AF3B2AF77EA.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: couchlock

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman