Do we have a roborock/roomba crew?

Niccolo-daddy

Dec 16, 2004
Roomba i7 for each floor. Doesn’t get every nook and cranny or the rugs as thorough as our Miele but the house is cleaner since I can get it to the 95% mark with a few clicks on an app
Yeah I go over the rugs with an upright vac every so often. It misses some stuff that need a legit suction and better agitation.

kenmei

Squatty Potty
OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Bay Area, CA
roomba j7+ is solid

according to the reviews I watched before buying, the s9 wasn't really worth the extra $$ for the features

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Anybody have any good poverty options?

My dad had a Roomba i3 that shit the bed after ~18 months or so. Bad customer support, really dont want to buy another one. All hardwood floors, some area rugs and some cats.

I see there's one called Eufy, anyone know anything about those?

Scroder

Mar 3, 2007
Oregon
I have 2 Neato's going. Both are older but run like Champs. One of the two does the mapping and sends me a pic after it's cleaned.

TS
TS
jeri534

jeri534

OT Supporter
Jul 17, 2002
Anybody have any good poverty options?

My dad had a Roomba i3 that shit the bed after ~18 months or so. Bad customer support, really dont want to buy another one. All hardwood floors, some area rugs and some cats.

I see there's one called Eufy, anyone know anything about those?
Did you read the thread? Roborock bro...

What's your "poverty" budget?

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Did you read the thread? Roborock bro...

What's your "poverty" budget?
Looks like those are a few hundred to start, I'm talking poverty like around or less than $200. The Eufy brand on Amazon I think was 4.5 stars at $179 with like 50k reviews iirc. Never heard of it, didnt know if anyone had any experience. Haven't had time to really dive in much, but he needs a new one and doesnt want to spend much on it.

TS
TS
jeri534

jeri534

OT Supporter
Jul 17, 2002
Looks like those are a few hundred to start, I'm talking poverty like around or less than $200. The Eufy brand on Amazon I think was 4.5 stars at $179 with like 50k reviews iirc. Never heard of it, didnt know if anyone had any experience. Haven't had time to really dive in much, but he needs a new one and doesnt want to spend much on it.
Ok I get it but the whole point of getting a robot vacuum is a luxury of not having to vacuum...I just think you will end up with more of a pain in the ass with a robot vacuum that is less than <$200

Reactions: couchlock

victor77

Internet Crew
OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2011
Internets
Just got a roomba of some sort, it's doing pretty well at not running into stuff or getting stuck so far. 11ty times better than the knock off one I had years ago.

digitaljames

Jan 3, 2005
Tampa
I have a eufy one that I got for really cheap and it’s just too dumb to be worth a damn. It was ok for a little bit but you basically have to babysit it and make sure it keeps running correctly.

Reactions: JeffSTL

jrmcm

This world shall know pro-pain
Oct 9, 2001
Plano, TX
My Neato D7 is starting to get stupid. It was flawless for about the first year and now it’s started having mental breakdowns randomly. It’ll occasionally just go back and forth into a chair leg until I go move it.
I do like the app, though.

3F357B30-CEEC-4F0F-8B65-960361E5460B.png

EAAEA288-0F67-45E0-BF7B-57DD277D9D5A.jpeg

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
Kinda want to pick one up as an anniversary present, the Neato D9 for $500 is tempting. These things will go up on area rugs etc without getting stuck right?

NiggaPHX420

OT Supporter
Jan 17, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
With three dogs I'm already cleaning out the dustbin on my Shark's base stations weekly.

They claim they're supposed to last for 45 and 30 days respectively. :rofl2:

Whoever came up with that did not anticipate dogs and desert dust.

giphy.gif

my piece of shit clearly was not meant for desert dust.

I get "bin full" error almost every fucking time. I have to manually remove the bin and vacuum it out... with my other vacuum :artshark:

Jesus

OT Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Jupiter, FL
I have an older Roomba. It's fine for running a couple times during the week when we aren't here and don't feel like cleaning the floors after work.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
My Neato D7 is starting to get stupid. It was flawless for about the first year and now it’s started having mental breakdowns randomly. It’ll occasionally just go back and forth into a chair leg until I go move it.
I do like the app, though.

View attachment 231521

View attachment 231523
Same model here. It gets thrown every year when we put up the tree for Christmas and then never vacuums there again. It can't even clean the whole downstairs and then make it back to the base to charge. It's been great for about 5 years, but with 2 cats, and now just 1 long hair, Bender's about done. Time for a new one.

It's kind of sad. I got kind of attached to the little guy. :hs:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman