Do we have a roborock/roomba crew?

zedekias

Feb 27, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I read a bunch of people complaining about roombas and others getting stuck getting on a rug.

My little q5 climbed up my 3/4" plywood Peloton platform then went under the bike. :rofl:

• Wow
Reactions: Bugalu

s34s0ns

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
Oakland, Ca
Should have asked this before dropping 1500 on one…

How do these handle doorways that are constantly changing between open / closed? Also anyone have experience with an old in-floor radiator grate, need to redo my hardwood and patch it out, but haven’t gotten to that yet. Worried it will get stuck on it.

Roborock s7 ultra maxv

TS
TS
jeri534

jeri534

OT Supporter
Jul 17, 2002

How do these handle doorways that are constantly changing between open / closed? Also anyone have experience with an old in-floor radiator grate, need to redo my hardwood and patch it out, but haven’t gotten to that yet. Worried it will get stuck on it.

Roborock s7 ultra maxv
it will see the door is closed with the lidar and will block it on the map

Reactions: Bugalu

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway

Roborock s7 ultra maxv
Roborock will either detect the grate or just 4x4 over that bitch

• Love
Reactions: s34s0ns

Wakefield

Oct 15, 2001
KY
Tempted to join this crew and snag one of these prime deals. I have a living room with a sunk floor, can I just pick it up and set in in there when it’s done with the rest of the rooms?

JaimeZX

Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew
Nov 7, 2005
Back in VA
I have an old-school Roomba e5 upstairs that bounces around happily and takes care of most shit, although we have a few sheepskin rugs that he gets stuck in all the time. The "don't go here" map would be very useful for that.
Downstairs I have a Roomba 980 that does a killer job of getting everything, but again I can't "plan" his day; just gotta hit "go" and make sure all the legos are up. :o Other than that the 980 kicks ass. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman