Do we have a sofa crew? V.ineedanewone

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
Bought a mid century teal couch from wayfair about 2 years ago and it looks like shit. It’s lumpy, the fabric is pilling hardcore even after shaving it, etc.

anyone have good luck with west elm? They have some good styles.

any other suggestions?

I don’t really want to go leather probably as it doesn’t fit my style. B25360DC-4A19-4BB7-9C43-5F05640298D1.jpeg

Thinking something like this

digitaljames

OT Supporter
Jan 3, 2005
Tampa
I’m having the same issues with my blue couch I got from Article a few years ago. Fabric just isn’t holding up good.

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
I have a few west elm things and generally like them (bed frame, drawer, dining table)

no clue how they are for couches.

mine is from raymore and flanningan, which sells a lot of shitty stuff, but this couch was great for the money

(dont have a picture without kid shit everywhere)

1612811147928.png

TS
TS
Bugalu

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
I’m having the same issues with my blue couch I got from Article a few years ago. Fabric just isn’t holding up good.
So damn frustrating. Besides the random chick over I’m the only one that uses it and it looks like it’s fuckin 10 years old.

1400 bucks down the drain

• Angry
Reactions: digitaljames

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
West Elm is notorious for shipping delays / availability unfortunately. Nearly every manufacturer sells MCM styled furniture these days. I’m also looking for a couch / living room set.

monolith

Hey, Herbie! How's life? Taking forever.
OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
Virginia
Room and Board. Have a couch from like five years ago that we have beat to shit and it still looks good and is sturdy as fuck.

Reactions: ///TRASH

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I've had good luck with the couches I've bought from American Furniture Warehouse. :dunno:

That being said I wouldn't say that they provide a "quality product", but it's at least better than anything by wayfair, ikea, or the like. :o

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
dude bought a cheap couch from wayfair you recommend the room and board :rofl:
One of my SO's friend's parents bought a modular sectional from R&B and that shit was nearly $12k. :rofl:

Then again, they just replaced all 60 windows in their house with electric switchable privacy glass, so it's not like they can't afford it.

TS
TS
Bugalu

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
Dude I don’t really care about the cost, I just want the shit to last. Room and board doesn’t seem to be that much more expensive. If I knew how shit this couch was gonna be I would have spent double at first just to get something that would last me longer

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
Dude I don’t really care about the cost, I just want the shit to last. Room and board doesn’t seem to be that much more expensive. If I knew how shit this couch was gonna be I would have spent double at first just to get something that would last me longer
so then yes, if you want mid century modern and dont care about cost Room & Board is what you want

monolith

OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
Virginia

Lol It seemed like he wants something to last. You’re never going to get that with garbage furniture produced in China so figured I’d throw it out there. Also Room and Board actually has some very affordable options.

Reactions: ///TRASH and Bugalu

Aviv

OT Supporter
Feb 8, 2002
LBC
Fuck ordering from West Elm if you actually want to receive the furniture.

IKEA. Upgrade the fabrics though. We've had our Kivik for 5 years and it's like new.

monolith

OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
Virginia
Moved this couch multiple times. Kids jump on it CONSTANTLY. Cats have scratched the duck out of it. Structure of it is still very sound. Honestly can’t believe it since it was only like $1500.

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
Fuck ordering from West Elm if you actually want to receive the furniture.

IKEA. Upgrade the fabrics though. We've had our Kivik for 5 years and it's like new.
Ikea couches aren't much of a value, they're almost as expensive as any other furniture store and hella uncomfortable

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026