CAR CREW Do we have a Tesla crew?

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
I placed a pre-order on a vinfast VF9 for shits & giggles. It was only a $200 reservation, and I got 3 free NFTs 🤡

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
You can't help yourself with the NFTs smh

The Vinfast SUVs look great. Don't you have an ANNUAL battery contact, lol?
I legit think they look solid which is why I went for it. But yeah the battery leasing is fuckin STUPID.
I can imagine it will make them really hard to re-sell. But I also have a rivian R1S on pre-order. I'm in line to receive it in 1H 2023. So depending on what I can get my hands on first, I can decide what I want to do.
In the time it will take the VF9 to hit the market, we'll learn a lot more and I can decide if I want to go through with it or not.

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
Wait you’ve got to lease the battery for those? :wtf:
yup. Like $100-150/month. Makes the pricing quite deceiving. I'm hoping they at least make it cheaper due to all the backlash it's getting.
But the "advantage" is that you get free replacement is the battery degrades beyond 70%. So you can consistently charge the battery to 100% with no worries. :dunno:

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
hmm I’ll be passing on that I think, don’t see this making sense for consumers?
it doesn't really. Again I expect it to kill resale. Which is why I'm just yolo'ing for now and seeing if things change down the line. If not, I'll just cancel. It's just about reserving my place in line for now

Reactions: Eskimo Yo-Yo

Eskimo Yo-Yo

absent
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
Yea can’t hurt, especially if they change their direction on that. Sounds like something they’ve sold to investors as an alternate stream of revenue though

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448