CAR CREW Do we have a Tesla crew?

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Tesla acceleration is fun but they're not as fun as ICE cars in corners or at speeds above 100. The weight definitely still shows in corners

Tbh I think my 3000lb 981S is too heavy sometimes

for daily driving needs its perfectly fine.

at the track sure i agree when you're actually throwing the car around.

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
for daily driving needs its perfectly fine.

at the track sure i agree when you're actually throwing the car around.
Nah man it's noticeable on exit and entrance ramps or moderately fun roads if you're willing to bend speed limits a touch

It doesn't really offset the other benefits of an ev for most people but it's a big difference for me on my daily commute

Hell just shifting alone is fun in itself

NiggaPHX420

OT Supporter
Jan 17, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
That weight might be you….

Too much Tandoori Chicken?

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Eskimo Yo-Yo

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Nah man it's noticeable on exit and entrance ramps or moderately fun roads if you're willing to bend speed limits a touch

It doesn't really offset the other benefits of an ev for most people but it's a big difference for me on my daily commute

you really should just commute on a one wheel. strip the weight away.

Reactions: Achance007

Mighty

Rainbows, unicorns, and butterflies.
OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2006

There really is nothing like rowing through the gears or just winding one of them out. I miss the Roush because of that, but then I think about the shit traction and I'm happy it's gone.

Reactions: Eskimo Yo-Yo

Narc

Stuck in the #CroneZone
OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
Working on buying a place, it already has solar... so a Powerwall could potentially mean my electric bill is $0. Just trying to figure out if there are any caveats I'm not aware of.
How many you planning?

I have 2, wish I would have gone 3 or 4.

Most days I can go the whole day without using the grid. Unless I charge at home, then the 9kw draw depletes the batteries (to my 30% limit) in like 1.5 hours :rofl:

victor77

Internet Crew
OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2011
Internets
How many you planning?

I have 2, wish I would have gone 3 or 4.

Most days I can go the whole day without using the grid. Unless I charge at home, then the 9kw draw depletes the batteries (to my 30% limit) in like 1.5 hours :rofl:
That's exactly the kind of caveat I'm trying to figure out.... What do you mean by "unless I charge at home", your Tesla?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448