CAR CREW Do we have a Tesla crew?

scotty

why don't you take a seat right over there?
OT Supporter
May 6, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I don’t have my M3LR yet but I learned my work has 6 EV level 2 stalls. I emailed asking for info and they said it’s $1 min fee, then first 4 hours it’s $0.31 kWh. After 4 hours it’s $2.50/hr. Still trying to understand kWh and how many miles a 4 hour charge would get me.

NiggaPHX420

OT Supporter
Jan 17, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
1650954755145.png

giphy.gif

Eskimo Yo-Yo

absent
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
They're hidden but they exist. Nothing to the level of out west but there's some fun to be had

On my commute the best is a big highway exit ramp marked at 35mph that I try to do around 70-80 to feel the mid engine rotation
Had a few mid engine cars, would love to drive a 914 with a 250-300 hp Subaru engine in it

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
I don’t have my M3LR yet but I learned my work has 6 EV level 2 stalls. I emailed asking for info and they said it’s $1 min fee, then first 4 hours it’s $0.31 kWh. After 4 hours it’s $2.50/hr. Still trying to understand kWh and how many miles a 4 hour charge would get me.
depends on the kw rating on them.

lets assume its 6.6kw.

4 hours at 6.6kw is 26.4 kwh.

a kwh is worth roughly 3.3 miles of range. so figure 20kwh delivered a day to the pack. so roughly 66 miles a day.

if its a big boy charger then figure 9.9kw. thats 33 miles an hour of charging or 130 miles.

edit;

kwh = how many gallons is my gas tank
kw = how many gallons per minute does the gas pump add

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.
for daily driving needs its perfectly fine.

at the track sure i agree when you're actually throwing the car around.
Oh it's time for this argument again?

I throw this POS around every single day, so long as I'm alone in it.
I'm taking turns, merges, on/off ramps at the threshold of sidewall roll or understeer at least 60% of the time, basically anytime I have more then a few car lengths of clearance.
While initial change of direction is nice, mostly due to the steering ratio and low CoG, the suspension quickly becomes overwhelmed by sheer amount of weight. It's still fun, but nowhwre near as fun as other things in the price point.
The seats are also terribly unsupportive for anything along these lines, but they are comfortable for road trips, so there's that.
The brakes are juuust about enough for "regular" driving but are woefully underpowered for anything more and alot of it has to do with how the body dives under heavy braking - both the s and the 3 suffer from it, the rears basically unload, micro lock / stutter, and the ass gets light and squirrelly and starts pissing off the ESC which then detracts from the front braking.

I'll be the first to say that these are not marketed as sporting cars (the 3 nor the S), and they're shipped on ECO minded tires, and all those other caveats...
But the 'performance' is huge piece of what they are renown for and yet (other than their point and squirt nature) they are a let down in that vein.

Reactions: whatever

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.
There really is nothing like rowing through the gears or just winding one of them out. I miss the Roush because of that, but then I think about the shit traction and I'm happy it's gone.
Ive found that I can tell when people have never driven an actual fast car before because they look at me like I'm crazy when I say "it'll just GO anytime, anywhere, with zero fuss. It's so EASY to go fast" compared to previous cars

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004

I'm taking turns, merges, on/off ramps at the threshold of sidewall roll or understeer at least 60% of the time, basically anytime I have more then a few car lengths of clearance.
While initial change of direction is nice, mostly due to the steering ratio and low CoG, the suspension quickly becomes overwhelmed by sheer amount of weight. It's still fun, but nowhwre near as fun as other things in the price point.
The seats are also terribly unsupportive for anything along these lines, but they are comfortable for road trips, so there's that.
The brakes are juuust about enough for "regular" driving but are woefully underpowered for anything more and alot of it has to do with how the body dives under heavy braking - both the s and the 3 suffer from it, the rears basically unload, micro lock / stutter, and the ass gets light and squirrelly and starts pissing off the ESC which then detracts from the front braking.

I'll be the first to say that these are not marketed as sporting cars (the 3 nor the S), and they're shipped on ECO minded tires, and all those other caveats...
But the 'performance' is huge piece of what they are renown for and yet (other than their point and squirt nature) they are a let down in that vein.

@JohnnyBeagle please bring your autism A game.

• Haha
Reactions: Bugalu

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004

its perfectly fine for daily driver appliance with basic sport you can enjoy on the public roadway.

they are performance in off the line. nothing more. a honda civic will out corner them.

you guys keep acting like ya'all nascar it around town 24/7.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448