CAR CREW Do we have a Tesla crew?

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Just googled it. Absolutely insane the amount of power they can push with those chargers.

to me its the cable. water cooling makes such a difference. i wonder how much the cable could handle with active glycol cooling like a bar tap.

Weapon X

Sep 5, 2001
They're too stuck in their old ways of yearly releases tbh. It's been that way for way too long for the traditional manufacturers to give that up. Even if Tesla and Rivian are stirring things up it's not enough market share for them to feel forced to follow suit. Im not sure I've seen a single OTA for the MachE since we got it. But then again I'm sure I went a couple of months without one for the model 3.

All in all, I will say I do like my wife's car. It's a solid competitor. Ford just has some work to do.
I've gotten a few updates in the past year with blue cruise being the big one. Supposed to be a huge UI change later this year. Whole thing is being revamped.

Eskimo Yo-Yo

absent
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
so I'm trading in my model y, so far tesla is the highest @ 60k and change, higher than carvana, vroom by quite a bit. Any other ones I should check out?

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.
so I'm trading in my model y, so far tesla is the highest @ 60k and change, higher than carvana, vroom by quite a bit. Any other ones I should check out?
Carmax is usually the best, also, Tesla will not actually pay you that much. They always quote high and then low-ball when the day comes, reportedly.

Reactions: Eskimo Yo-Yo

Eskimo Yo-Yo

absent
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
Carmax is usually the best, also, Tesla will not actually pay you that much. They always quote high and then low-ball when the day comes, reportedly.
Yea they want to see it and it's kinda far away, I'll think about carmax but thanks for the heads up about trading into tesla

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Yea they want to see it and it's kinda far away, I'll think about carmax but thanks for the heads up about trading into tesla

i know its changed by i smoked a turkey with my trade in and super glued the trim roughly in the right place. i took the plates off myself for the tesla trade in woman. she was thankful i knew to do that. not as thankful as me that she didnt even look at the front end of the tahoe.

Eskimo Yo-Yo

absent
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
Wonder how much more pain I’ll be getting not just keeping it all with the same company.

Ordered another and said I wanted to trade in, pay some and finance some. Might be easier to coordinate this stuff with the same company if I can just drop it off when I finally pick up new one.

You all know the horror stories of planning a tesla delivery.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Wonder how much more pain I’ll be getting not just keeping it all with the same company.

Ordered another and said I wanted to trade in, pay some and finance some. Might be easier to coordinate this stuff with the same company if I can just drop it off when I finally pick up new one.

You all know the horror stories of planning a tesla delivery.

honestly i wouldnt trade in until i had the new tesla in the driveway.

fuqxyu

Thank you for the alpha
OT Supporter
Feb 2, 2004
what are you getting next?

Just did a carvana quote. $54k for 2020 MYP with 38k miles. Pretty sure I paid like $62k back in March 2020. Not bad.

Reactions: Eskimo Yo-Yo

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448