TS
TS
Bugalu

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
:rofl2:

Did software update. Afterwards car says to contact service, AP132 error. Meh, everything seems fine. Notice that it's not seeing signage, lanes, speed limits, etc... Try cruise - unavailable... Ok fine, go into app and request service, next available appointment is SEVEN WEEKS from now :rofl3:
Text the service team to push an update

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Ry-Ballz

This sucks, change the channel
Jan 10, 2001
Mexico
thats easy:

the 125 sub panel is behind the tesla transfer switch. so if you pust the tesla onto the main old panel with the blanks during a power outage the car wont charge. perfectly fine to use those spots for the charger.

think of electricity like teenage water. it's lazy. super lazy. on the way from the panels it goes to the tesla power wall then back to the grid. its grid connection is that 125a breaker in the old main. if you have an EV drawing power off that main panel it'll go there before going back to the grid; shorter distance/less resistance. the only gotcha is the tesla app might show fucked up power draw/return from the grid depending on where they put the CT's.

also it looks like you could reuse the old 40a breaker there on the bottom right :rofl:

you could use a quad breaker in the sub 125 on the bottom right too.
Thanks homey, hopefully I can knock it out for him this week.

I was planning on just using 6/2 on a 50a breaker, but apparently that's not legal outside even in conduit, so I gotta go thhn with conduit the whole way, instead of just the last 3 feet.

Pain in the dick, but now we minus whale go 4 guage and bump the breaker to 60a for that full Tesla charging experience

Reactions: whatever

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Thanks homey, hopefully I can knock it out for him this week.

I was planning on just using 6/2 on a 50a breaker, but apparently that's not legal outside even in conduit, so I gotta go thhn with conduit the whole way, instead of just the last 3 feet.

Pain in the dick, but now we minus whale go 4 guage and bump the breaker to 60a for that full Tesla charging experience

yea no NM in conduit outside.

you can run UF however. run it like NM inside and in conduit outside.

westheimer

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2015
DC
I'm getting somewhat close to my delivery date and having some second thoughts. I did a test drive and wasn't completely sold on the spartan interior, all info being on the center screen, etc.

I'm thinking what I may do is drive it for ~1,000 miles and trade it in if I don't like it. I bought it at the old price so I'm out $53K after destination and $56K after tax.

KBB says these trade-in at $59K with 1,500 miles and $61K private party. I think this should still let me come out on top.

Am I missing anything here? Is this a realistic trade-in value right about now?

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle
TS
TS
Bugalu

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
I'm getting somewhat close to my delivery date and having some second thoughts. I did a test drive and wasn't completely sold on the spartan interior, all info being on the center screen, etc.

I'm thinking what I may do is drive it for ~1,000 miles and trade it in if I don't like it. I bought it at the old price so I'm out $53K after destination and $56K after tax.

KBB says these trade-in at $59K with 1,500 miles and $61K private party. I think this should still let me come out on top.

Am I missing anything here? Is this a realistic trade-in value right about now?
I thought it was weird too at the beginning but it’s great. Speedo isn’t in front but it’s just a bit away. And the screen moves fluidly, and the nav with the satellite views are great imho

westheimer

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2015
DC
I thought it was weird too at the beginning but it’s great. Speedo isn’t in front but it’s just a bit away. And the screen moves fluidly, and the nav with the satellite views are great imho
Yeah, maybe it'll grow on me. This is my first car > $25K so for the price point I'm a little underwhelmed by the minimalist interior and have been eyeing an X3

Ry-Ballz

Jan 10, 2001
Mexico
yea no NM in conduit outside.

you can run UF however. run it like NM inside and in conduit outside.

Yeah, looks like 6/2 in UF is harder to find.

I told my brother to buy 2 strands of 6 ga thhn and an 8 ga for the ground and he just ended up buying 6/2 romex because the dude at Home Depot said that it's fine :rofl:

It'll work, I'll just have to seal the shit out of the conduit joints where it goes into the box. Fortunately it's only about a 3 foot run. I'll just use a waterproof connector at the box, and then caulk around the jbox elbow that I'll use to get into the house.

Ry-Ballz

Jan 10, 2001
Mexico
And I'm definitely positive I've used romex buried in conduit before when I wired a pond pump about 15 years ago at our old house. I didn't know direct burial wire was even a thing, so I just ran it in flex conduit.

Seems like maybe the code changed in 2008. I definitely looked up the code and shit because we were about to sell the house and was paranoid about it failing inspection.

Reactions: whatever

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448