CAR CREW Do we have a Tesla crew?

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
This is also a very salient point... Especially coming from a dude who pretends to have a tesla

Although prices and inflation and yadda yadda... You are NOT getting what you would think of as a $60k car. I paid $48k for mine and even that might've been a little too much.
Granted the S is better appointed and equipped, and it did just about justify it's $70k tag, but even that's swole up now.
Lmao my dumbass neighbor recently test drove a $50k Venza and commented that it felt a lot more premium than the $70k Model Y he has. Something like a GV70 can be had for mid to high 50s and will be a fuck ton more premium than the Model Y

Reactions: Nikuk

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.
I'm kind of the opposite

Yes when you first get in a car with 11ty buttons is a little wtf and intimidating. But it's nice after 3 minutes of figuring out what everything is that you can just operate them by feel.

I had a 2021 pre-refresh Macan loaner recently that legit was the most flight simulator feel vehicle I've ever been in. But it's because a number of seat and climate control controls are duplicated on the passenger side so they can do it. But while driving I could turn on or adjust the cooled seats, soften the suspension or throw it in sport mode, and bump up the temp a little without looking down. After I got used to it after a few days I didn't notice the button mess until someone else got in and commented on it.

That being said I'm borrowing a friend's X7 since the beginning of the month while my kids are in town and the half digital controls half button controls in that thing are fucking needlessly complex. Tbh I don't even know how to see the odometer on the fucking thing and almost everything I do on it is counter intuitive. I fucking hate modern day BMW
Yeah, I'm not saying the Tesla is the best, there are ABSOLUTELY some things that are lacking (ESPECIALLY with the capacitive button on the fucking yoke) ... I'm just saying it's not as bad as it seems at first.

Sal Paradise

Jan 16, 2002
Heathwood
I'm kind of the opposite

Yes when you first get in a car with 11ty buttons is a little wtf and intimidating. But it's nice after 3 minutes of figuring out what everything is that you can just operate them by feel.

I had a 2021 pre-refresh Macan loaner recently that legit was the most flight simulator feel vehicle I've ever been in. But it's because a number of seat and climate control controls are duplicated on the passenger side so they can do it. But while driving I could turn on or adjust the cooled seats, soften the suspension or throw it in sport mode, and bump up the temp a little without looking down. After I got used to it after a few days I didn't notice the button mess until someone else got in and commented on it.

That being said I'm borrowing a friend's X7 since the beginning of the month while my kids are in town and the half digital controls half button controls in that thing are fucking needlessly complex. Tbh I don't even know how to see the odometer on the fucking thing and almost everything I do on it is counter intuitive. I fucking hate modern day BMW
I agree. I like the physical buttons for things that are frequently changed. My Cayenne Turbo was like that and I loved it. Then went to a Model 3 which was the complete opposite end of the spectrum.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

NiggaPHX420

OT Supporter
Jan 17, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
I agree. I like the physical buttons for things that are frequently changed. My Cayenne Turbo was like that and I loved it. Then went to a Model 3 which was the complete opposite end of the spectrum.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

deadbeef

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2020
Brought the X in because the left Falcon Wing Door is about 1.5mm misaligned when it closes.

The 2016 Model S 70D they gave me as a loaner is the most colossal piece of shit I've ever driven. The "Teslas are poorly built non-luxury cars" definitely applies to the older ones. My wife's 2013 S4 was (just sold it for a Model 3) nicer in every way, and probably faster, too.

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
I was at an arcade for a tournament yesterday and like 6 20-somethings that were introduced as the Tesla Boys paid to have the karaoke dj come in for a couple hours so they could make tik-tok videos of themselves. It was absolutely awful and my ears still hate me.

So which one of you was it :squint:

NiggaPHX420

OT Supporter
Jan 17, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
I was at an arcade for a tournament yesterday and like 6 20-somethings that were introduced as the Tesla Boys paid to have the karaoke dj come in for a couple hours so they could make tik-tok videos of themselves. It was absolutely awful and my ears still hate me.

So which one of you was it :squint:

LINK TO TIKTOKS?

Mighty

Rainbows, unicorns, and butterflies.
OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Alright boys. You guys are way more up on this shit than me. Are there any legit Tesla competitors yet? Performance-wise anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448