CAR CREW Do we have a Tesla crew?

phat🐄

#meltdowns are NOT based off post count
Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Speaking of which, on a scale of dasvwbabe to mopar03, how bad of an idea is it to pick up a 10 year old bmw under $10k?
Looking at hardtop convertibles and there's more than a few 328 / 335
water pump, thermostat, and oil filter housing. find one that is still under emissions warranty, and the oil filter housing replacement is covered.
its not a matter of if those things leak, its when. I replaced my water pump / thermostat at 60k miles. the 4 cyl version would be catastrophic when belt fails jand gets sucked inside the engine due to the oil leaking out of the housing and making the belt slippery.

the idrives of that generation feels pathetic though. telemetry / traffic wont work because deprecation. Bluetooth was flakey on the newer iphones and you couldnt fix it with software

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
water pump, thermostat, and oil filter housing. find one that is still under emissions warranty, and the oil filter housing replacement is covered.
its not a matter of if those things leak, its when. I replaced my water pump / thermostat at 60k miles. the 4 cyl version would be catastrophic when belt fails jand gets sucked inside the engine due to the oil leaking out of the housing and making the belt slippery.

the idrives of that generation feels pathetic though. telemetry / traffic wont work because deprecation. Bluetooth was flakey on the newer iphones and you couldnt fix it with software
That sounds awful

Reactions: Nikuk and Mighty

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.

yikes-gif-4.gif

Jim Lahey

OT Supporter
Sep 23, 2003
Virginia
My near 20 year old BMW, with just 45k miles just threw another check engine soon light. Had one earlier this year for the thermostat. Haven't ran the code yet on the new error :mad:

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.
I just miss having a convertible, tbh. Doesn't make sense to spend more than a few buck on one though since it only gets used maybe 100 days a year. And, I thought hardtop would be nicer / quieter than ragtop.
:hmm:

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
I just miss having a convertible, tbh. Doesn't make sense to spend more than a few buck on one though since it only gets used maybe 100 days a year. And, I thought hardtop would be nicer / quieter than ragtop.

a convertible? didnt realize you were a boomer

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
convertible gang

been driving to work 9/10 times with the top down, maybe 3/10 times on the way back bc rain or just stupid fucking heat and sun

• Love
Reactions: Nikuk

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
Watched a few YT reviews now, and seems like most think the Lightning Pro base model is the one to get, and an incredible EV deal, too bad it will be unobtainium for years, if ever really available.

Reactions: Eskimo Yo-Yo

$ean

Nov 1, 2013
damn I thought the OG thread was still in the archives but I guess its lost somewhere

back in like 02-05 somewhere someone made a thread about their new car handling well but spelled it handelobraes and we kept it running iirc
I like it :rofl:

Eskimo Yo-Yo

absent
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
Watched a few YT reviews now, and seems like most think the Lightning Pro base model is the one to get, and an incredible EV deal, too bad it will be unobtainium for years, if ever really available.
Yea positive reviews coming out about that, very very cool truck :coold:

Eskimo Yo-Yo

absent
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
Was there recent talk about not taking orders for a time to catch up? Could create an interesting used car market if even the ability to order is stopped for some amount of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448