CAR CREW Do we have a Tesla crew?

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
he bought land that needed to be cleared/cleaned up a lot. pay 30k to have it done, or buy machine for 30k and DIY.

honestly; keep an eye on auction sites. thats the best way. just plan on dumping money into maintenance. and drive units. and for fucks sake dont buy a bobcat.
Roger that, thanks man!

Reactions: whatever

93rx7

OT Supporter
Feb 14, 2009
Your base
i wish there was a ritchie site closer to me. i've watched 11ty kubota kx121-3s sell for ~20k (which is what i want to spend) but without running it personally first it's really hard to pull the trigger.

i've gotten comfortable lighting <10k on fire but have not hit the 20k level of yolo-ness yet. don't really have a good way to lift the house off a mini. maybe time to buy one of those HF rolling gantry setups :hmm:

but yes @obscure/renegade having a skid steer at the house is pretty awesome. mine got to the point however that every time i touched it another line blew, cooler cracked, seal blew, etc.. so i sent it down the road when covid hit for more than i paid :rofl: got some good use out of it. if i had to do it again id go tracked and lower hours. i just have a little tractor now because i wanted something that had a 3pt and could pull a brushhog, disc, etc. 3 pt implements are much cheaper (generally). it has a loader but much lower lifting capacity (1500lbs vs 3k lbs w/ the skid, i've almost flipped it over a few times now)

having your own rc track is a lot like having your own mx track -- sounds like a good idea until you do it. once all the help goes home and you're out there fixing rain ruts, spraying weeds, fixing jumps, etc for the 11tyth time it gets pretty old. much easier to pay $20 to go somewhere and let them do it. rc is at least a much smaller (and lighter) scale, mx requires soooo much dirt its ridiculous.

wait what thread is this

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
VF8/VF9 just had a price increase. Previous reservation holders not affected :tbow:

Other very good news is that they offer a full price (with battery) option now. Adds 15k to the base price roughly. VF9 is now almost 75k. Still think its a solid value IF they can gain traction in the states.

Reactions: Eskimo Yo-Yo

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
VF8/VF9 just had a price increase. Previous reservation holders not affected :tbow:

Other very good news is that they offer a full price (with battery) option now. Adds 15k to the base price roughly. VF9 is now almost 75k. Still think its a solid value IF they can gain traction in the states.
15k today to own the battery outright seems like the better option

Eskimo Yo-Yo

absent
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
Yaoooo, why didn't anyone tell me what an amazing experience dusk/night drives are in the x? Couldn't get over it when the moon was just a few inches up where it would typically be totally invisible to you driving. In the x it's just tinted in some weird way that makes it look other worldly if you use your imagination.

EDIT: @NiggaPHX420 pipe in here and let everyone know I'm not crazy

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
Yaoooo, why didn't anyone tell me what an amazing experience dusk/night drives are in the x? Couldn't get over it when the moon was just a few inches up where it would typically be totally invisible to you driving. In the x it's just tinted in some weird way that makes it look other worldly if you use your imagination.

EDIT: @NiggaPHX420 pipe in here and let everyone know I'm not crazy
yeah the X mega windshield is a cool experience

Reactions: Eskimo Yo-Yo

Narc

Jake from RakeFarm
OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
Me to tesla service : how long should tpms last? Longer than a year right?

Ts: yes, normally 3-5 years

Me: sets up service appointment

Ts: Your TPMS sensors are dead (all 4). It will be $500+ to replace them because you have aftermarket wheels

Eskimo Yo-Yo

absent
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
Buying a set of factory refresh x 20’s with all seasons to switch out during winter months. $1800 isn’t too bad with everything included and zero miles.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
digimarkactanza