CAR CREW Do we have a Tesla crew?

Narc

Jake from RakeFarm
OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
CHECK YOUR TESLA HP WALL CONNECTOR NOW, especially if it has been in use for a while. case in point : my house almost caught fire

looks like major arcing on one of the hots . Notice the lug that is basically backed all the way out? that was a factory lug with the wires already attached. either it wasnt torqued as much as it shoudl have been or there is something with the design that causes it to eventually back out enough with every click of the contactor. the approx. age of the wall connector is 3 years (it has a 4 year warranty)

either way please check yours . the 2nd gen is basically 4 torx screwsd and you can perform a visual

WqwCvja.jpg
Within spec imo

phat🐄

#meltdowns are NOT based off post count
Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
and this is a 60a / 48a actual from day one so max juice.

none of my breakers tripped, and it burned a hole through the back of the housing

sort of freaked out but it was just by happenstance i went in there and foudn what i saw. no noticable smell since the thing is weathertight and in my garage and this thing gets double use since we have 2 teslas in the household

could have been on the news guys :(

• Support
Reactions: Cold Brew

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
CHECK YOUR TESLA HP WALL CONNECTOR NOW, especially if it has been in use for a while. case in point : my house almost caught fire

looks like major arcing on one of the hots . Notice the lug that is basically backed all the way out? that was a factory lug with the wires already attached. either it wasnt torqued as much as it shoudl have been or there is something with the design that causes it to eventually back out enough with every click of the contactor. the approx. age of the wall connector is 3 years (it has a 4 year warranty)

either way please check yours . the 2nd gen is basically 4 torx screwsd and you can perform a visual

WqwCvja.jpg

fuuuu

alright fine gona go do mine right now.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
and this is a 60a / 48a actual from day one so max juice.

none of my breakers tripped, and it burned a hole through the back of the housing

sort of freaked out but it was just by happenstance i went in there and foudn what i saw. no noticable smell since the thing is weathertight and in my garage and this thing gets double use since we have 2 teslas in the household

could have been on the news guys :(

add this to the twice a year checks.

Reactions: phat🐄

Sal Paradise

Jan 16, 2002
Heathwood
why you selling already?
I have a Rivian order; and my wife wants a new Yukon or GLS.

Her current GLS is under warranty until next April; and the Model X warranty is up at the end of December.

I feel like now is best time to get most value out of the X because the new owner has peace of mind with the Tesla warranty through end of year.

Narc

Jake from RakeFarm
OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
My china charger kept stopping charge last week during thr heatwave and I was like :wtf: then read the manual an it has a working temp of up to 123* and the screen was showing 124* which js why it would stop :rofl:

NiggaPHX420

OT Supporter
Jan 17, 2002
Phoenix, AZ

WqwCvja.jpg

Ok so I’m supposed to stick a stainless screwdriver in there right since stainless is nonconductive

Narc

Jake from RakeFarm
OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
Should I buy the ccs adapter? Think tesla idiots will pay over retail if it sells out?

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
I just remembered, I have a jeda USB hub if anyone wants it. It's one of the earlier ones so no usbc. It's for a model 3.

fuqxyu

Thank you for the alpha
Feb 2, 2004
seeing new model 3/Y inventory available in the bay area

hope this is a sign that things are catching up

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
2022-09-21 18.17.35.jpg

a fullsize pickup sucks to get into these spots. when i parked another ioniq5 was just on the while line.
2022-09-21 18.51.30.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
digimarkactanza