CAR CREW Do we have a Tesla crew?

mistergin

Morale has improved but I find I miss the beatings
May 12, 2001
Southeast Valley
:rofl: after 11.5 months, finally got a VIN

It took me leaving the state on vacation with my family.. minutes after I crossed the state border I got the ping :rofl:

And starting a new job so of course the only time I can take delivery is during one of my first 3 days after already working with the new manager on a later start to accommodate the vacation.

but hey.. some fucking closure :bowdown:

pleasedontbefuckedupondeliverypleasedontbefuckedupondeliverypleasedontbefuckedupondeliverypleasedontbefuckedupondelivery

Eskimo Yo-Yo

absent
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
Not a bad camp vehicle all things considered, was thinking last night and elon really really needs to make the bench seats turn into a double bed or something when you order it when the jump seat up front if that's an option

Screen-Shot-2022-09-26-at-11-52-09-AM.png

Eskimo Yo-Yo

absent
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
So I enjoy dd'in the Y more than the X but let me tell you, the x on a fall drive up rt 5 in VT or any of the roads, 20 miles @ 50mph speed limit. Autopilot is sublime on these roads and the windshield, everything just takes the experience and really brings it up a many many levels.

I've been holding my hands down across the bottom of the yoke and using a finger to manipulate the yoke controls, working pretty good :coold:

mistergin

May 12, 2001
Southeast Valley
HARDWIRE 6-AWG FOR 60a CHARGING RIGHT NOW

dont do the 14-50 nonsense.

too late on that :dunno: from what I read, it's kind of an efficiency pissing match? not sure I saw any hard and firm explanations. 3 diff electricians recommended the 14-50 when I was getting quotes to run electric across the house to the garage.

phat🐄

#meltdowns are NOT based off post count
Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
48*

acktcuualylyly

did tesla warranty your unit?
yep. sitting in my garage right now. sent me a brand new gen 3 with the 24 foot cord.
the pig tail i had to buy (14-50) is being reviewed right now to see if they will reimburse me the 50 bucks.
During the wait, i j boxed the stub out , and did a 14-50 outlet. currently doing EMT to relocate the hpwc OUT of my garage and into my dricveway area on a 4x4 mailbox post, ANXIOUSLY WAITING YOUR RGB CHARGER STAND SOLUTION

yes 60a circuit, 48a actual due to 80 percent rule yes yes

phat🐄

Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
the home depot shit dont have enough torques, and makes the outlet heat up more. some have said that their outlets had some signs of heat deterioation after time. the Hubbell outlets have a hex key / V clamp that you tighten to like 50 in lbs of tork-yous and they are idustrial and reliable

Reactions: mistergin

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
yep. sitting in my garage right now. sent me a brand new gen 3 with the 24 foot cord.
the pig tail i had to buy (14-50) is being reviewed right now to see if they will reimburse me the 50 bucks.
During the wait, i j boxed the stub out , and did a 14-50 outlet. currently doing EMT to relocate the hpwc OUT of my garage and into my dricveway area on a 4x4 mailbox post, ANXIOUSLY WAITING YOUR RGB CHARGER STAND SOLUTION

yes 60a circuit, 48a actual due to 80 percent rule yes yes

shit i didnt realize im on a time crunch. :rofl:
put some ethernet into that conduit to the outside charger location. this will keep the LED driver inside. Ill go pickup metal tomorrow for you.

• Love
Reactions: phat🐄

phat🐄

Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
too late on that :dunno: from what I read, it's kind of an efficiency pissing match? not sure I saw any hard and firm explanations. 3 diff electricians recommended the 14-50 when I was getting quotes to run electric across the house to the garage.
nope. its the difference between charging at 48a and 32a.

i have a 2019 mobile charger (that came with the car) and it caps out at 32a. even on a 50a gfic breaker on 6-awg cu. its noticibly slower and adds like 2 hours to my charge time at home

maybe the new gen mobile does better but 32a is a shitty chargepoint at the mall.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
nope. its the difference between charging at 48a and 32a.

i have a 2019 mobile charger (that came with the car) and it caps out at 32a. even on a 50a gfic breaker on 6-awg cu. its noticibly slower and adds like 2 hours to my charge time at home

maybe the new gen mobile does better but 32a is a shitty chargepoint at the mall.
still 32a on mobiles.

mistergin

May 12, 2001
Southeast Valley
the home depot shit dont have enough torques, and makes the outlet heat up more. some have said that their outlets had some signs of heat deterioation after time. the Hubbell outlets have a hex key / V clamp that you tighten to like 50 in lbs of tork-yous and they are idustrial and reliable

Ah, I remember talking to the electrician about what happened to yours. Really stuck in my head, but I didn't know the specifics in order to ask any of those questions that might have stopped the same from ending up in mine :hsd:

I'll have to see what I can see on the cover of the outlet and send him an email if I don't see anything. Absolutely out of my element with all that.

phat🐄

Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
shit i didnt realize im on a time crunch. :rofl:
put some ethernet into that conduit to the outside charger location. this will keep the LED driver inside. Ill go pickup metal tomorrow for you.
you cannot put low voltage and high voltage int he same conduit, especially in a wet location :hmm:

my IT hat says that you cannot mix high voltage without STP cable that is also plenum rated?

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
you cannot put low voltage and high voltage int he same conduit, especially in a wet location :hmm:

my IT hat says that you cannot mix high voltage without STP cable that is also plenum rated?

fine run another conduit. :rofl: IDGAF.

if you wanna be ghetto double tap right at the connections in the tesla unit...

mistergin

May 12, 2001
Southeast Valley
Yeah, looks like 32a charging.

- run approximately 40’ o
wire to charging outlet i
garage area

- Install Nema 14-50
receptacle

-install new 50 amp
breaker to charge at 32
amps

- all power to be ran
through attic area , will
need to open up an attic
access in front bedroom
to pass wire through to
garage .

- EMT will be used to
sleeve wires

Even with 2 vacations last year, I drove like 7.5k miles. Still not sure it'll be a huge problem :dunno: Any charging due to more car use would be done via other means (solar out in the woods, superchargers, work charger, etc.).

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
digimarkactanza