CREW Do we have an ebike crew? v.we fear no hills

victor77

Internet Crew
OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2011
Internets
I searched, so I dunno.

We got ebikes months ago and they have made biking fun again, no more struggling up hills or fighting wind and very comfortable to ride. Still have mountain bikes for the times that we hit up rougher trails, but the ebikes are the main thing we ride now. Did 23 miles today on trails and paths through town, was pretty damn enjoyable. Only got yelled at by one crackhead.

Feel kinda bad passing people on regular bikes going uphill... :scootin:

JacksonWhite

Apr 11, 2011
There’s also really nowhere to go without driving on the main roads here.

If I could ride the 4 miles to the “downtown” a couple towns over on the back roads, that would be cool. But I can’t.

JacksonWhite

Apr 11, 2011
but could you ride to Auntie Anne's pretzels in the mall and then post about it?
bc that would be cool and fun
It would be, but unfortunately same problem. I could get there without going on the highway, but it’s still a lot of driving on main roads.

MarcinMaximus

OT Supporter
Jun 7, 2005
Germany
Got this one via my company 2 years ago, use it mainly for commute and day trips. very happy with it.

3745BE76-CD6E-4610-A68F-5FD4B03D9359.jpeg

Tipp - for ebikes, never go cheap!

Last edited:

wizurd

Engorged Member
OT Supporter
Mar 7, 2002
Las Vegas
What's the laws on that here anyway?

Still haven't registered my surron because NV's requirements are stupid and don't make sense. :dunno:

Surrons/Segways are way beyond the law. For ICE it's below 49cc and goes less than 30mph. Electric has a certain wattage and same mph. Mine's actually 79cc and with the governor removed goes 35mph but they can't prove it and I see cops often and they don't bother me. :dunno: I also don't ride like an asshole.

Reactions: victor77
TS
TS
victor77

victor77

Internet Crew
OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2011
Internets
Surrons/Segways are way beyond the law. For ICE it's below 49cc and goes less than 30mph. Electric has a certain wattage and same mph. Mine's actually 79cc and with the governor removed goes 35mph but they can't prove it and I see cops often and they don't bother me. :dunno: I also don't ride like an asshole.
Yeah the surron is way over 750w. I called the NV OHV DMV department and they weren't even sure what I needed to do with it. Planning to just send in the "no VIN" paperwork with the seller's serial # paperwork and see what they say.

I ride that thing out in the desert, it's a ton of fun.

wizurd

Engorged Member
OT Supporter
Mar 7, 2002
Las Vegas
Yeah the surron is way over 750w. I called the NV OHV DMV department and they weren't even sure what I needed to do with it. Planning to just send in the "no VIN" paperwork with the seller's serial # paperwork and see what they say.

I ride that thing out in the desert, it's a ton of fun.

If you ride it in the desert who gives a fuck? If you're riding it around town on surface streets you'll get pulled over eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor