Do you ever shower in the dark?

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
I usually shower early in the AM, before the sun comes up, and have been showering in almost pitch darkness.

It's very relaxing, like some sort of sensory deprivation tank where the sound of the water negates my tinnitus.

So it's like super calming and I'm able to think and just relax.

Sometimes I turn on my Bluetooth speaker and listen to some calming music.

But lately just showering in the dark.

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
I usually shower early in the AM, before the sun comes up, and have been showering in almost pitch darkness.

It's very relaxing, like some sort of sensory deprivation tank where the sound of the water negates my tinnitus.

dude you ok?

Reactions: Good Ol' Gil

Mr. Kitty Litter

Feelin’ generous?
OT Supporter
Jun 3, 2004
The Metaverse

I only do this when the power is out (our power infrastructure here is terrible), when I just so happen to be showering.

That being said, ironically it's never been pitch dark because it's always daytime when such a situation occurs, so there is always light bleeding from around the blinds in my bathrooms.

But, this thread has me thinking... I may try this at night, S
S
so that I get that pitch black effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: the_antsy_honda
TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
There's also a window with a small amount of light coming in so it's not like it's pitch black or anything

I've showered late at night sometimes when I get fidgety and can't sleep - the warm water and dark helps calm me down.

It's fun to see how eyesight adjust to the darkness, and then you see everything, even the light crack through the door frame - and it all slowly becomes clear.

WS6Formula350

2018 updated user text
Jul 5, 2001
Birmingham, AL
I've showered late at night sometimes when I get fidgety and can't sleep - the warm water and dark helps calm me down.

It's fun to see how eyesight adjust to the darkness, and then you see everything, even the light crack through the door frame - and it all slowly becomes clear.
There has to be a Worf GIF for this.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Sounds dangerous

I have dropped stuff before but I have a seat built into it so most of the time I'm sitting position.

Wouldn't do it if you don't have 100% feel for the location of everything. I don't look for stuff even with the lights on - just grab shit.

Plus, I have shit vision and don't shower with glasses on.... basically blind anyway.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
There has to be a Worf GIF for this.
DismalJoyfulCockatiel-small.gif

firemunki

I am the patron saint of lost causes
Aug 23, 2001
Scottsdale

Lol

Try it.

I'm not afraid of the dark or anything happening to me at home. And early AM nobody needs me for anything, so I can just let it all go and chiiilll.

Did it this morning with some chillwave ambient music

You high right now? :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan