Votes: 14 12.6%
  • My ears never ring

Votes: 8 7.2%

• Total voters

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Had some weird ear issues issues for several weeks that went away only to be replaced by a high pitched ringing in my left ear. It was on-and-off for the first 4-5 days, but for the past 4 days it has been constant and annoying.

ENT went :dunno: your hearing is fine, this happens might go away might not CU L8R BRO.

TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Audiologist said "if it doesn't go away in 4-6 weeks it's likely permanent" and ENT said, "Most tinnitus resolves after 3-6 months."

Not sure who to believe.

GlassRadiator

OT Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
This is odd. I've also recently developed tinnitus. I haven't gone to the doctor because of the pandemic, but I'm hoping it goes away.

CookieMonster

Jun 18, 2003
Louisiana
I have it. An it's fucking HORRIBLE. It's impossible to fall asleep! Supposedly it is caused by stress. But I looked up this stuff called SONUS COMPLETE. I just started taking it. An supposedly it takes about a month for it to slowly go away. I'll see I just started taking it yesterday.

TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Years of firecracker, headphone, and earbud use as a child has ruined me

You just ignore it or what?

I've spent my whole life protecting my hearing because my dad worked on fighter jets and couldn't hear shit. Super fucking annoying for them to say "oh yeah you might have this forever!" given that.

I don’t because it’s a fake disease similar to fibromyalgia, depression, and chronic fatigue syndrome.

lol wat

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
I have some form of it because I don’t ever really have silence but it’s not so bad that I can’t sleep like some people itt

TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Yes, it sucks.

Alcohol makes it worse from what I've read.

Nothing makes mine better or worse, which is why I'm hopeful this is temporary just like the other weird ear issues I had.

I've had sinus and ear pressure (especially the left side) for weeks and told both of them and they're like "maybe it's related maybe it's not :dunno:" Modern medicine leaves a lot to be desired tbh.

wizurd

Engorged Member
OT Supporter
Mar 7, 2002
Las Vegas
Nothing makes mine better or worse, which is why I'm hopeful this is temporary just like the other weird ear issues I had.

I've had sinus and ear pressure (especially the left side) for weeks and told both of them and they're like "maybe it's related maybe it's not :dunno:" Modern medicine leaves a lot to be desired tbh.

Sometimes mine is bad, sometimes it's mild, and sometimes I don't notice it for weeks.

The more you think about it the more you'll notice it as well.

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California

My blood pressure affects it I think.

So drinking, salt, etc makes it worse.

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Sometimes mine is bad, sometimes it's mild, and sometimes I don't notice it for weeks.

The more you think about it the more you'll notice it as well.

This x100.

Problem is you tend to notice it when you can't sleep or need to be quiet. Then it fuckin won't go away and is louder than ever

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan